Our direct client in a Northeast suburb of Cleveland, OH is hiring for a remote Senior Systems Engineer with experience with large-scale, highly virtualized distributed server computing environments. Candidates must be able to design, configure, and support server based run time environments for distributed applications. Experience developing automated server configuration solutions using Puppet is required!
These positions will be on a team of engineers that support hundreds of applications across 5,000+ servers in multiple locations. This is a 6 month contract with likely extensions.
Come join an industry leader with a large IT organization and great work culture. Apply today!
- Systems engineering for Windows 2008/12/16 servers in a highly-virtualized production environment.
- Windows Internet Information Server (IIS) administration
- Infrastructure configuration automation experience using Puppet
- Hands on PowerShell scripting experience
- Advanced technical troubleshooting, diagnosing and problem-solving skills
- Sound working knowledge of information security (LDAP, RBAC, digital certificates), internet authentication protocols and network concepts (load balancing/failover, DNS, FTP, SMTP)
- Cloud services and technology support
- Java/Linux/Oracle infrastructure support
- Application development background
- Knowledge of Lean principles and their application to software development practices
- In-depth knowledge of IT operations, such as operating systems components, utilities, production schedulers and system environment hardware components (e.g., CPU, disk and tape technologies)
- In-depth knowledge of software development concepts
- Advanced time management and organizational skills with ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
- Habitual thorough documentation of system configurations, computer program logic, and task procedures
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Please click the Apply Now button to apply for the job.
We will review your resume and call if you are qualified.
Resumes will NOT be sent to clients without your approval.REFERRALS WANTED - $ 1000 REWARD!
Refer a colleague to us, and Precision will give you $ 1000 if we find a job for that person!
(The fine print: The referred candidate must be previously unknown to us. Start date must be within 6 months of referral.)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *THERE ARE MANY IT STAFFING FIRMS YOU CAN WORK WITH. WHY WORK WITH PRECISION? Our Clients.
We work with the best.
- We are direct vendors to Fortune 500 companies across North America
- We're the top provider of contract IT professionals to many of our clientsOur Experience.
We know how to sell our candidates to clients.
- We've been in business for over 20 years, and have made thousands of successful placementsOur Background.
Precision is run by former IT professionals.
- We know what it is like to be an IT consultant working in a large organization.
- We actually understand your skills. We'll make sure that you are right for the job, and that the job is right for you.Our Reputation for Quality.
Clients favor Precision's candidates.
- We take the time to learn about you so that we can best match you to our openings and sell you to our clients.
- Our clients know from experience that Precision's consultants are the most qualified and the best fit for their project teams.Our Ethics.
We pride ourselves on our ethical business practices.
- We never submit your resume without your permission, and we never give your resume to other staffing companies
- We are up front about pay rates and the interviewing process, and provide you with constant feedback.Our Responsibility.
We take seriously our obligations to our consultants.
- We always pay on time
- We offer highly competitive pay rates, as well as an opportunity to participate in our group health insurance, long term disability and 401(k) plans.
- When required, we carefully manage H1-B and applications, and involve you at every step.
- We have dedicated HR personnel that will answer the phone when you call.THE STAFFING FIRM YOU WORK WITH MATTERS. WORK WITH PRECISION.
Job ID 4200DI-0017
- provided by Dice