Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talent individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
Come and join our Fee Negotiations team as a Sr. Support Associate where you will have an opportunity to shine as you demonstrate your attention to detail, critical thinking skills, customer service, and administrative skills. This is a critical position for the department and is ideal for candidates that enjoy problem solving, conducting research online, and making phone calls to ensure the accuracy and integrity of data within our database to prevent inappropriate disclosures or HIPAA violations and provide timing and efficient respond to provider and callers.
You will have a steady Monday through Friday 40 hour per week schedule between the hours of 7:00 am and 5:00 pm. Employees are able to pick from available flexible schedules after completing training.
- Earn $18 per hour and have the opportunity to receive additional quarterly bonuses based on performance after completion of the initial 90 day work period.
- We provide an excellent paid classroom training program as well as continuous on the job coaching and mentoring. We also have advancement and growth opportunities available to employees.
- Find more information on what it's like to be a MultiPlan employee on our Careers page at
JOB SUMMARY: Provide high quality and efficient analytical and systematic support. Provide necessary information to others within the department to complete claim processes. Analyze and closure of select claims to maximize client savings and revenue.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Obtain additional supporting data from Clients or various systems to complete claim processes.
2. Analyze and administer closure process on select automated claims & back up individuals on other claim closures.
3. Create and execute business correspondence to clients using multiple media formats.
4. Manage complex, escalated, and/or client initiated emails from shared email boxes.
5. Complete post claim closure payment inquiries or status.
6. Adhere to client TAT requirements as relates to response time and required actions.
7. Analyze and process agreement on claims that require manual intervention.
8. Ensure notes, codes and appropriate closure processes for claims are followed and documented in applicable systems.
9. Manage departmental reports and projects as required.
10. Provide backup duties for Vendors, Support Associates, and Receptionist as needed.
11. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
12. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
13. Demonstrate Company's Core Competencies and values held within.
14. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary. 15. Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data, this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
The incumbent keeps the needs of external and internal customers as a priority when making decisions and taking action. Work is generally complex and requires independent judgment within established guidelines. More complex issues are referred to higher levels. Accurate and timely processing of claim documents and requests directly impacts company revenue and client savings. Job Requirements:
* Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent (i.e., GED).
* Minimum equivalent of 1 year general office experience.
* Knowledge and understanding of healthcare.
* Knowledge of HCFA 1500 and UB claim forms
* Communication (written, verbal and listening), customer service, mathematical, and organizational skills
* Ability to interpret and apply contract/agreement terms.
* Ability to process verbal and written instructions.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Ability to use software and hardware peripherals related to job responsibilities including MS Office Suites, Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet searches.
* Individual in this position must be able to work in a standard office environment which requires sitting and viewing monitor(s) for extended periods of time, operating standard office equipment such as, but not limited to, a keyboard, copier and telephone
We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage (low copay & deductible)
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- 401(k) + match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Summer Hours- from Memorial Day to Labor Day we get off two hours early every Friday with pay company-wide!
MultiPlan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here
**Pursuant to Colorado's "Equal Pay for Equal Work Act", the following salary range is provided solely for applicants living in Colorado. $19.00. If an applicant does not live in Colorado, this salary range may not apply. Specific offers take into account a candidate's education, experience and skills, as well as the candidate's work location and internal equity. This position is also eligible for health insurance, 401k and bonus opportunity.