Publix is able to offer virtual/remote employment for this position in the state of North Carolina.
We are Publix Technology, the award-winning technical group of the largest employee-owned company in the nation, Publix Super Markets, Inc. Publix Technology associates place the highest priority on job security and customer service. This makes Publix one of the best-run, most financially secure companies in the world, as well as a leader in giving back to the communities in which we serve.
As a top grocery retail company with nearly 1,300 stores and more than 225,000 associates, you may ask: What technology-related career opportunities and benefits does Publix have to offer a technology professional such as yourself? In one word - plenty!
Publix Technology is a team of over 2,000 associates dedicated to providing the highest level of technical innovation and customer satisfaction in the industry. We offer intern, entry-level, senior and manager level positions.
No matter what your specialty or interest is in technology - security, architecture, infrastructure, integration, or programming - we have a career for you where you will be motivated, respected and challenged. It's why we are on Fortune Magazine's Best Companies to Work For list, as well as Best Workplaces in Retail, Best Workplaces for Women, Best Workplaces for Diversity, Best Workplaces for Millennials, and many other award lists.
Publix Technology associates enjoy the ability to own Publix stock, work-from-home potential, highly competitive pay, health insurance and other benefits. Join Publix Technology - where working is a pleasure!
The Sr Software/Lead Software Engineer is responsible for partnering with product owners, business systems analysts, architecture, and engineering teams to deliver secure, compliant, and scalable technology solutions. This position leads, designs, develops, unit tests, debugs, supports, and documents the technical aspects of the technology solutions within the assigned product portfolio. Technology solutions within the product portfolio may be new, replacement of, modifications or enhancements of existing technology solutions.
Job Duties and Accountability
* Under general guidance, participates and contributes technical requirements to the business systems analyst.
* Leads technical design of highly complex projects. For less complex projects, responsible for leading all technical phases of the project.
* Oversees and prepares technical design documents and detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
* Instructs, directs, and peer reviews other software engineer's work ensuring quality, security, and best practices.
* Responsible for designing, coding, unit testing, debugging, documenting, implementing, maintaining, and supporting highly complex programs.
Technologies We Use:
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration. Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related analytical field or equivalent experience
* 5+ years software engineering experience in web, mobile, or application development
* 5+ years' experience with highly complex distributed systems
* 5+ years of Object-Oriented Design and Development (.Net, Java, native mobile app development, Angular, React.JS or Vue.JS, etc)
* 5+ years of database experience (SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, Cosmos DB, Redis, etc)
* Experience or desire to work in an agile development environment