Founded in Tulsa, OK, Rogue Recruitment is the anti-staffing staffing company committed to enhancing our community. Since our inception in 2018, we pride ourselves on advocating for our candidates above all. You should be in control of your job search; we're here to help.
We are partnering with a stable, local aerospace defense contractor that is looking to hire a Sr. Software Engineer to join their team. This is for a direct hire position, a mixture of onsite and WFH, paying between $100-120K/yr in base with serious bonus potential (average is about 35%).
- 5-8 years of RECENT development experience in C or C++ 5-8 years’ experience in the Flight Simulation and/or aircraft Avionics industry
- Any experience with C# and/or python is a plus
- Familiarity with Linux OS (You don't need to be an expert, but you need to be able to get around in it)
- Any experience with ADA or FORTRAN is a plus
- Experience with requirements analysis, system architecture definition and design, & system verification testing
- Ability to obtain a US DoD Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering (with a Software development experience)
What makes this role unique?
- Most of the projects are done in Waterfall methodology. Some of their medium projects are done in Agile/Scrum (two week sprints), but the work is already 100% defined when they break the project up. They work through the backlog.
- Their Software Engineers are able to wear many hats. This means you would be able to grow your skillset in many areas, including testing code (they do peer reviews), requirement gatherings, bid proposals, working directly with clients, etc..
- Depending on where the project is at in the lifecycle, there would be varying degree of ability to work from home. For example, during the middle stage, most of the team is home about 90% of the time. During the install period, you would be required to be onsite more and travel to different military bases. This would likely look like during a 3-4 month install, being onsite 2 weeks and then home 2 weeks. In 2021, the team averaged about 10% travel, but some folks did get closer to the 25% mark.
- The flight simulators that the Software Engineers work on are preexisting, so the team does a lot of modifications (adding new software and features). This means that sometimes you are running into old code that needs...some TLC.
- Because they are working with military contracts, they do a decent amount of documentation for the design/interfaces, and testing procedures. This is probably about 20% of the job.
- The management style is fairly hands off, while you have the support when you need it.
$100,000 - $120,000 a year
From HR: Engineers have the opportunity for a direct variable bonus each year that averages between 36.18% of their base salary. The lowest percentage for this bonus has been 5.83% in 2011 and the highest has been 55.35% in 2014. Last year’s variable bonus was 46%.
If you would like to learn more about this position, please apply. We're excited to #gorogue with you!