Job #2529: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a motivated Senior Software Engineer to help shape and drive the future of web and mobile products. Successful candidates should possess solid experience in object-oriented programming while working with top engineering teams, and derive joy from delivering their work to customers in short, high-feedback cycles. You will think critically to develop new features for the company products.
The successful candidate will have solved complex technical problems, and must be able to develop creative, efficient solutions in both broad collaborative and deep individual efforts. The Candidate is expected to deliver features and designs on small- or mid-sized projects, and is able to estimate schedules and work flow for these projects. Candidate must be able to recognize business needs and identify opportunities for optimization, reuse, cost reduction and overall system efficiency.
Our SDLC and toolset is agile and highly collaborative with industry leading practices such as wiki documentation, issue tracking system and distributed version control systems. This position is great for developers who want to work in a commercial SAAS product development environment, and for someone who can get things done and loves to learn.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on small cross functional teams, designing application features collaboratively with product managers, creative designers, technical leads, and Quality Assurance. Create functional specifications and design documentation as needed.
- Must be a critical thinker and problem solver while considering technical and business needs, requirements and trade-offs. Able to calmly and objectively deal with challenges.
- Must be a great team player and collaborator.
- Deliver features and projects from specification all the way through to release.
- Must be motivated, self-driven, and demonstrate creative thinking capabilities.
- Must have strong communication skills with the ability to explain and write clear technical designs and ideas to peers, QA, and management team members.
- Effective organization skills with a self-managed proactive work style.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in developing and delivering high quality web applications.
- 5+ years of technical object-oriented front-end and middle-tier development programming experience in languages such as AngularJS, CSS, HTML5, C#, and PHP; full-stack development experience is a preference. Proficient in SQL and understanding of relational database and schema creation.
- Experience with JSON and RESTful web services.
- 5+ years of experience performing peer code reviews, defect analysis, and writing unit tests and test tools.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality, scalable software with a cohesive user experience.
- Must be a top-notch problem solver.
- Ideally would be able to work proficiently on at least two varied platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both within a team and cross-group to drive identification and resolution of issues to ship under tight deadlines.
- Must be highly motivated with a strong passion for and commitment to software quality.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to meet critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to make and influence decisions, and drive open discussions to closure.
- Must excel in both individual and group settings.
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering or related field preferred.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast-growing software company.
- Career growth & development opportunities.
- Competitive base salary.
- Excellent benefits - Medical, dental, vision - starting on day 1.
- Wellbeing program, so you can earn additional $ toward medical expenses.
- Great company culture.
- Healthy work-life balance.
- 401k program.
- Employee stock ownership program.