At UnitedHealth Group, our work to expand access to quality health care helps millions live healthier lives. It's broad impact on a global scale. Find out how we're accomplishing our goal and how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Let's talk about the ongoing transformation of health care. Change is happening rapidly and the health of millions is at stake. It's our responsibility and we need the right people to drive it, endlessly, with no compromises. As a Senior Regulatory Affairs Analyst, you will be an individual contributor in our Legal, Regulatory Affairs and Compliance group. You will research, document and report on regulatory changes in the health care system. It's an opportunity to make a huge impact.
This position's job function maintains and enhances relationships with state regulators and/or interfaces with business regarding regulatory affairs. Other responsibilities include preparing and submitting insurance binder filings to state insurance departments as well as filings of Qualified Health Plan Applications for Exchange participation to state insurance departments and CMS in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and working with regulators and internal legal and business teams to appropriately address objections and inquiries. Specifically, this position will support the Individual Exchange work required from a regulatory perspective.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Prepare filings for submission through SERFF and/or HIOS; complete all supporting documentation and certificates required
- Maintain proper documentation of files and correspondence
- Obtain and analyze state insurance regulations and statutes as necessary to respond to state insurance examiners inquiries
- Monitor and track statuses of filings
- Coordinate with business units and legal to obtain responses to examiner inquiries
- Function as the liaison for all regulatory inquiries related to filings submitted
- Coordinate and submit RBIS filings to CMS via HIOS for assigned states
- Submit additional filings (e.g. ID card, EOB, etc.) related to IEX plans as applicable
- Provide relevant status updates to business and LCRA stakeholders and leaders
- Additional research, tracking, and other ad hoc tasks as identified
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of experience working in health care, managed care and/or health insurance
- 4+ years of State Filings experience
- Strong computer skills with previous experience with MS Office, Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat
- Achievement-oriented to meet regulatory deadlines
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience filing QHP Applications in HIOS to CMS
- Familiarity with SERFF
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects and ad hoc requests
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to function independently in a fast-paced environment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr Regulatory Affairs Analyst, SERFF, State filing, HIOS, CMS, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Remote, Work from home, Work at home