Pay Rate: $94.49/HR
Remote, but must be on the East Coast to assist offshore team.
Sr. Project Manager Job Description
Qualifications Must Haves:
• 10+ years overall project/program management experience.
• 5+ years leading cross-functional corporate programs requiring business and financial reporting changes
• Background in Finance
• Experience using BW, BI, and Qlik Sense
• SAP Security User Provisioning Experience
• BS in Business Administration/Computer Sciences/Engineering or related degree that provides strong PM skill development.
• Experienced in successful delivery of highly visible projects
Nice to Have:
• Up to 10% travel.
• Life Science, Pharmaceutical and/or Health Care company experience.
• Planview experience
• PMP, or PgPM PMI Certification or equivalent
• MS or MBA preferred.
The Senior Program/Project Manager works with executive and director level business leaders to understand the strategic objectives for major business change initiatives and define the tactical projects to realize these objectives. The Senior Program/Project Manager leads the projects through building effective relationships with business leaders, project team and project stakeholders. The Senior Program/Project Manager drives the delivery of the projects/program through advanced program/project management techniques and methodologies. The Senior Program/Project Manager balances the demands of multiple medium/large projects ($.5M - $1M) or larger programs ($1M-$10M).
• Establish project governance structures and define processes for reporting, review, and approval of project goals and objectives.
• Partners with project sponsors and stakeholders to define program/project objectives and business case.
• Leads full life cycle project delivery for multiple medium/large project or larger programs.
• Takes ownership for delivering program/project objectives and deliverables. Drives project execution to meet project schedule, cost and quality requirements.
• Manages internal and external customer relationships to realize high customer satisfaction for their program and projects.
• Manages multiple workstreams within project to meet project objectives, executing and delivering quality results within project timeline and budget.
• Implements company and industry best practice program/project methodology for delivering their programs and projects.
• Supports EPPM management in refining program/project management practices and implementing them throughout the ePMO.
• Mentors project managers and project coordinators in project management best practices.
• Stakeholder Relationship - demonstrated ability to identify key project stakeholders and understand their goals and motivations for the project. Adept at building stakeholder confidence that the project is meeting their needs through positive relationship management.
• Leadership Skills and Presence - capable of building a leadership presence that inspires project stakeholders and team members to achieve the project objectives. Proactive in driving creative resolutions to project issues and risk. Team and people management leadership skills.
• Team Building - experienced building cross functional teams in multiple geographies and diverse cultural backgrounds. Effective in creating a positive working environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Driven to enable the project team to surface and resolve issues that affect project delivery.
• Business Acumen - seasoned understanding of the business drivers in multiple disciplines that influence project success. Solid business judgement to help drive decision making to reduce project risk and achieve project results.
Skills and Knowledge
Project Management Methodology
• Knowledgeable in program/project management industry best practices.
• Demonstrated experience driving projects from initiation through closure.
• Adept at partnering with business sponsors and stakeholder to shape the project business case and gain organizational support and approval.
• In depth understanding of the detailed project planning processes and tools. Skilled in establishing detailed scope, schedule, resources and budget using standard project tools (MS Project/SharePoint/etc.).
• Experienced establishing Stakeholder management plans, Risk/issue management plans, Vendor management plans and Quality plans.
• Experienced establishing and following controls to manage scope change and reporting project schedule/budget performance.
• Proactive in surfacing risks and issues. Ability to engage project team and stakeholder community to resolve issues and define risk mitigations. Effective in developing clear problem statements and resolution options for escalation to project sponsors and management.
• Clear understanding of the processes to define and validate acceptance criteria for the project to ensure project completion acceptance.
• Experience in Regulatory Assessment processes and document submission
Business Change Management
• Understands the dynamics of implementing change in the business environment.
• Experienced in helping the business team plan and drive change into their organization.
• General knowledge of the techniques for designing changes to business processes impacted by the project.
• Understanding how education, training and communications drive the effectiveness of the solution. Experienced working with business team members to ensure effective delivery to the impacted organizations.
• Superior English-language verbal and written communications skills to interact with executive, business leaders and team members.
• Ability to lead effective meetings/workshops. Creating meeting objectives, agendas, and timely distribution of meeting minutes.
• Ability to manage meeting discussions to achieve meeting objectives and timeline.
• Experienced in the techniques to work in a virtual/cross cultural meeting environment
• Excellent time management skills. Able to work on multiple concurrent activities. Able to prioritize personal workload and team-work load to optimize project delivery.