Sr Network Engineer SME (ACI Design/ SD Access) Rockville, MD- 100% Remote Per Federal Govt Sector U.S Citizenship or Greencard is required Must be able to pass Federal background check and drug screen
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design, deploy, support, and maintain mixed vendor network infrastructure with next-generation Software-Defined Data Center technologies
- Develop, document, and publish architectural standards and designs
- Be a subject matter expert provide guidance to other Engineers (troubleshooting, design, implementation, risk mitigation, operational optimization)
- Capacity and performance planning, running software upgrades after hours on production platforms, data-center build-outs, and change management.
- Execute routine changes, provision services, and deployments.
- Fault isolation, service recovery, and incident analysis.
- Analyze network characteristics and recommend procurement of, and/or modifications to network components
- Provide guidance to and mentor junior network engineers
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- Bachelors with minimum of 8+ years working as a network engineer AND Cisco CCIE or CCNP Certification
- Expert level experience with:
- Routing: OSPF, EIGRP & BGP with VXLAN/EVPN protocols
- Ability to design and support WAN & LAN connectivity to multiple data centers and campuses in hybrid mode
- Solid experience in Cisco SD-Access & ACI design, implementations, best practices, and migration at large scale
It would be great if you also have:
- Overall understanding and experience in network automation with Ansible, Python etc. with knowledge of multiple vendor products integration via Restful APIs (northbound vs southbound)
- Experience in using GitHub for network projects & version control for NetDevOps culture