The Sr. Microstrategy Developer provides technical expertise related to various application teams. Works with cross functional teams to define technical requirements for new development and any support related changes. Designs and develops customization's, conversions, and interfaces as necessary. Creates diagrams and flows to represent system design for project or enhancement requirements. Develops implementation strategy. Accountable and Responsible for production support of applications in area of responsibility.Job Functions
Minimum Education & Experience
- Designs, develops, tests Microstrategy objects from agreed specifications.
- Clarifies technical requirements and influences decisions that lead to the right solutions.
- Provides estimates for work effort required.
- Accountable and creates all technical deliverables including technical design specifications, diagrams, flows, and documentation of all configuration changes
- Develops detailed system implementation plan.
- Works with Security and Operations team to ensure solution compliance.
- Works with internal and external vendor teams on all support/enhancement/project related activities.
- Provides warranty period, and often post-warranty, production support for applications in area of responsibility.
- Assists the Project Manager in identifying and managing risks, issues, and dependencies.
- Provides input into design and architecture reviews.
- Troubleshoot production issues of different criticalities with appropriate urgency and maintain the application uptime as per defined SLAs.
- Proactively identify, diagnose, take corrective action and resolve application system incidents and problems.
- Document, communicate and escalate technical issues, manage to resolution and articulate business impact.
- Comply with and help create/update policies and procedures, including standard operating procedures (SOP).
Knowledge & Skills
- College or university degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of Software Engineer/Developer or other similar technology position, which includes hands-on experience with production support, incident response, bug fixes major and minor enhancements
- More than 3 years of retail domain experience
- Experience with testing tools and testing methodology
- Experienced in technical design of major and minor enhancements, coding and testing the changes and deploying in production
Very strong Microstrategy administration and development skills. Should be able to support the Microstrategy environment.
Responsible for designing, planning and implementation of the Microstrategy reports, dashboards and other objects in Microstrategy.
Must be able to work effectively with business as well as technical stakeholders
Understanding of data modeling principles for data warehousing
Strong SQL and analysis skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills