At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
As a member of our team, you will contribute to our branch and client experiences. You will support key strategic initiatives for our North American Operations, working with key stakeholders across our Operations and Marketing divisions.
- Responsible for applying business and technical knowledge to ensure availability of our systems, and to provide quality solutions for business and enterprise software needs.
- Perform lead analyst role to complete high-level and technical systems design for new and enhanced systems.
- Perform project leadership role on small initiatives.
- Provide technical leadership and complete complex system level assignments.
- Provide guidance and training to less experienced developers on the business impact of the systems supported and the technical design of systems.
- Develop business and technical requirements for enhancements, projects, and new systems.
- Design (including system specifications), develop, test, document, and implement quality application software within targeted due dates.
- Provide and validate program / task / system estimates.
- Proactively identify implications of a project articulate urgency, dependencies, and tradeoffs over multiple systems.
- Lead walkthroughs to assure quality of programs developed by other associates.
- Walkthroughs are done with an overall perspective to ensure quality and follow firm standards.
- Develop relationships with stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities to modify software to avoid future problems and promote continuous improvement.
- Develop and execute complex system test plans to ensure quality.
- Create documentation across many systems and functional areas, describes touch points and impacts at a total system level.
- May involve periodic review and confirmation of general support documentation.
- Must be willing to work on-call responsibilities of overnights/weekends.
- Bachelor's degree (preferred) in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, related field or related work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain technical issues and their implications for projects and business decisions, facilitate discussion and resolution of problems, and mentor other technology associates.
- Expert level in at least one of the following environments: gaining understanding in other environments. Environments may include the following, plus the ability to interface with one or more database platforms:
- Mainframe Online and/or Batch Development
- Understand infrastructure architecture networks, productivity tools, operating systems and provides input to leaders about the impact of these components
- FORTUNE 2020 Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
- From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firms 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $75962 - $129341