For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what's possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people - they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone.
Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
If you have ambitions to be a part of building a Best in Class organization, the Samsung Mobile B2B Group is the place to be. Samsung Mobile B2B offers a combination of enterprise offerings across our mobile product portfolio. We continue to grow our mobile portfolio by providing the most innovative offerings in the market, and our dedication to market disruption makes this the destination company for the world's top talent.
Federal Government Portfolio, and sales mission areas as assigned. This may include driving competitive switch and individual to corporate sales actions.Role and Responsibilities
- Increase Samsung's market share and revenue in assigned accounts quarterly and annually.
- Directly establishing and maintaining relationships with government end customers/users/decision makers and influencers - mobility operations to agency C-level (CIO, CTO, CISO).
- Gather requirements, identify viable solutions, overcome barriers, educate decision makers and their teams, and build effective internal and external (partner) teams such that Samsung solutions are the preferred technologies in response to customer requirements and enable Samsung to scale.
- Implementing enterprise (mobile device managed solutions) and special purpose solutions leveraging unique capabilities of Samsung hardware and software as well working with third party partner solutions.
- Leveraging experience, knowledge and building relationships with major mobile/cellular channel partners (carriers, system integrators, resellers, distributors)
- Segmenting accounts based on budgets, requirements and prioritizing business objectives
- Identify, specify and lead sales enablement activities required to support your accounts
- Developing holistic account and agency campaigns resulting in measurable market share growth
- Developing and executing key account strategies and customer-oriented sales plans; executing call plans from C-level to the system administrator and mobility program management team customer levels; engaging government and defense program managers and decision makers and influencers
- Programmatically manage account(s) - Orchestrate communications, sales promotion development, and training as required to stimulate awareness and facilitate the sale of Samsung's Hardware, Solutions and Services
- Creating account plans through visual tools (PowerPoint etc) and presenting to internal/external leadership
- Performing long range planning (1 to 3 years) to drive revenue growth by increasing product placement, driving customer satisfaction and overall market share growth against assigned sales targets
- Establishing high-level, as well as tactical, relationships with colleagues supporting key accounts, technical sales, marketing and product management teams
- Managing cross-functional teams towards the launch and promotion of new solutions.
- Responding to Customer's (internal / external) complex technical problems, requirements and non-standard requests.
- Mobilizing internal and external resources in response to customer requirements necessary to drive growth and solutions.
- Understanding and navigating Samsung's global infrastructure and bringing appropriate resources to bear in support of customers.
- Contributions of key accounts and all associated projects aligned with that account
- Maintaining working knowledge of Samsung Mobile Hardware and Software and the Android operating system including Android for Enterprise.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
- Bachelor's Degree and 6+ years of Federal Government technical sales or sales engineering experience is required
- Direct experience with one or more of the Federal Government account segments, demonstrated expertise and experience with enterprise mobility - mobile device managed Android devices.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience with purpose specific Federal Government solutions/projects which leverage Android mobility.
- 3-5 years outside sales experience selling into Federal Government customers; specifically, [technical] sales experience with Mobility/IT products (eg., Hardware, security software, hand held mobile products, wearables)
- Familiarity with US Federal Contracts or the application in response to annual sales growth
- Knowledge of, ability to research federal government and/or department of defense budgets for IT and mobility and key programs and agencies requiring mobility solutions
- Understanding of principles of program and project management preferred
- Demonstrated success developing and executing strategic account plans, short term and long term forecasts, Risk Assessment and SWOT Analysis
- Experience collecting requirements, then shaping and delivering applicable technical solution(s) in response to business and/or mission needs
- Proven track record as account manager with sustained minimum revenues $10M+ annually
- Experience with large Enterprise (Fortune 500) sell-in and sell-thru
- Must possess a strong knowledge of industry products and market intelligence
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as with existing direct and indirect sales team
- High level understanding of IT project management principles and hardware/software technology/system integration preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to articulate and tailor "Samsung Solutions"
- Strong analytical skills - Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations that drive strategic account/business plan development and action.
- Ability to travel to meet Customers or in support of Industry Events (up to 75% of the time)
- The ability to move and transport equipment (under 75lbs) is required
- Experience and knowledge of working with the Salesforce (CRM) platform
- Microsoft Office skills - PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills are a must. Must be able to develop detailed PowerPoint presentations that tell a story; advanced Word & Excel use)
Skills and Qualifications
- The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time.
- The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time under 25 pounds.
- Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive job stress, fatigue, unpaid over-time, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and business management stress.
- Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids representative and commonly associated with PCs, printers, and office work areas.
- Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule.
- Under very little direct supervision with a high level of responsibility to apply general policies and guidelines where decisions are seldom monitored and consequences of decisions adversely affect operating results and management decisions. Complete access to confidential company data where disclosure may jeopardize the company's competitive position.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.