Title: Sr. Java Software Engineer (z/OS, JDK, JDBC, Spring, TCP/IP Socket, REST API) - 100% Remote
Under minimal supervision, participates in the technical design and development of new .NET products or enhancements to existing product line. Participates in all phases of the development cycle: concept, initiation, technical design, prototype, code development, testing, release to QA and implementation.Project Summary
This team is taking on a strategic project which will build and deploy a next gen card transaction processing platform to facilitate traffic between our strategic partners and non-strategic partners as applicable. The goal is to leverage a blend of legacy technologies (such as DB2, zOS/Unix) and new technologies (such as Java, Node.js, App Dynamix) to ensure best of class products and services in both distributed and mainframe environments.
This project will leverage multiple cross-functional teams to deliver this new platform, and is comprised of many of our Dev Ops workgroups from Dev, QA, Release, PMO, Operations/Support, Hosting Operations, in addition to key corporate partners that facilitate hosting.Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in enterprise level Java development including the following:
- Advanced Java programming with JDK and the frameworks - JDBC, Spring.
- TCP/IP Socket and REST API services programming with Java and Java frameworks.
- Good knowledges with the technologies and protocols of TCP/IP, SSL, HTTP, Open ID Connect/OAuth2.
- Well familiar with using the application development IDEs - VS Code, Eclipse, and SCMs - TFS, Git.
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX, and the basic shell commands.
- Data security, encryption, and understanding of PCI compliance and requirements.
- Experience with both distributed and Unix in a z/OS environment.
- Solid understanding and design/develop/deployment skills leveraging SOA, SaaS, MVC, UML, Ux/UI interface development.
- Enterprise application development experience and agile development utilizing TFS required.
- Experience in Object Oriented development practices and approaches required.
- Good understanding of the architectures of the widely-used web servers and application servers, Apache, Tomcat, WildFly(jBoss), IBM MQ.
- Design Patterns, Data Modeling/Extract, and ETL based skills.
- Strong enterprise back end application development experiences.
- Solid understanding of Web Service contrast between ESB based technologies.
- Experience in an Agile SDLC, Scrum.
- Ability to understand product vision and architectural design provided by architects.
- Understands and completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Developing and Testing Unix/Linux based software systems.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production, both at an individual and team level.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation, use cases, white papers, and technical process and procedure docs for the group.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participates in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Performs release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Researches problems and develops solutions to the problems.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.