Sr. Java Developer (Remote)
Primary Location - Englewood, Colorado
V-Soft Consulting is currently seeking a Sr. Java Developer for our premier client in Englewood, Colorado. This is a full-time, direct hire position in the entertainment industry.
Locals-Hybrid Model preferred. Will consider 100% as well.
Education and Experience »
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline is preferred
- High degree of competency in core software development concepts.
- 8-10+ years experience in an enterprise or consumer software development environment.
- 5+ years agile software development experience.
- Experience with modern frameworks and design patterns, minimum five years' experience with a MVC paradigm.
- Experience working with analytics platforms a plus.
- Experience working with Splunk a plus.
- Experience with Python a plus.
- Experience with at least one enterprise level database system (Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL).
- Experience with NoSQL (Cassandra, DynamoDB) a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities »
- Strong knowledge of Java
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Strong knowledge of cloud environments (Amazon, Google, Azure)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Systems and Applications
- Contribute to all aspects of the software creation process:
- Software architecture and design
- Object-oriented development
- Unit essaying/test-driven development
- Integration essaying
- Post-deployment production support and troubleshooting.
- Create, build and maintain software solutions using a variety of modern technologies.
- Contribute to the design, architecture and final implementation of and Lionsgate's TVE platforms.
- Thorough understanding and first hand use of modern development tools/code versioning tools including: JIRA, GIT, Bamboo, etc. Knowledge and consumer level experience with at least a few of the following devices expected: Internet browsers (Chrome, IE, Firefox, etc), Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, TV), Android devices, Xbox One, Roku, Samsung Smart TV, Fire TV.
- Must possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills which will be used to diagnose, debug and solve issues.
- Ability to write clean, readable, maintainable code.
- Strong programming skill creating internet-scale REST web services using JAXB, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, J2EE, Docker, Linux and low-level JVM internals including garbage collection algorithms, etc.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Job Responsibilities »
- Implement utilities to support future development on the software, customer/business activities and maintenance of the production environment.
- Self-manage smaller projects in partnership with our UX and Client Development Teams by providing technical leadership.
- Design solutions (verses only complete assigned tickets and maintenance tasks).
- Conquer more complicated development tasks - contribute to > 75% of the very difficult assignments.
- Work collaboratively with Principal Architects on new concepts and architecture.
- Invent flexible solutions to disputing technical problems that are adaptable and scalable to future business needs.
- Participate in code reviews with staff as necessary to ensure a high quality, performant product.
- Collaborate with the broader Digital Platforms team including the leadership team, quality assurance professionals, designers, business analysts and other software engineers in an open, creative environment.
V-Soft Consulting Group is headquartered in Louisville, KY with strategic locations in India and across the U.S., including Madison, Chicago, Denver, Harrisburg and Atlanta. Known as an agile innovative technology services company, we were recently rewarded the Large Business of the Year award from Louisville Business First, and were recognized among the top 100 fastest growing staffing companies in North America. V-Soft has a wide variety of partnerships across diverse technology stacks, and holds such titles as MuleSoft Certified Delivery Resource, Oracle Gold Partner, ServiceNow Partner, Microsoft Partner and Cisco Registered Partner, amongst many others.
For more information or to view all our open jobs, please visit or call .
- provided by Dice