Sr Java Developer - Remote Contract
New Iron has an exciting opportunity for a Java Developer to develop, deploy and deliver cutting edge applications at scale.
This is a remote contract position through the end of 2021.
Candidates for this position must have demonstrable expertise with:
- Java - Spring Framework
- AWS - container management
- Database development - SQL
- Communication, team collaboration skills
Join a Kanban team that's practicing real continuous improvement, with a delivery infrastructure to ship features one by one to production.
We've placed over 60 technical staff within this org!
If you enjoy financial software in a fast-paced, collaborative, and creative environment, we should talk!
Job Functions, may include:
- Designing and building middle-tier components and services to support business user stories
- Refactoring existing application code to improve design clarity and reduce maintenance costs
- Pairing, collaborating, and otherwise improving the development process
- Writing lots of unit tests
- 5+ years experience software development with Java
- Experience with Java Spring Framework
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with tools such as Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge of SQL (writing and optimizing queries, stored procs)
- Experience with SOA and web services (REST, SOAP, XML, JSON)
- TDD expertise - a strong background in unit testing is a must for this position
- OO Design and design patterns; must be able to solve problems in a simple, neat and organized way
- Agile; Must have practical experience with unit testing and Continuous Integration
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred
This is a remote contract role for a client based in Austin, TX. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
- provided by Dice