About The Team
The Terraform Cloud engineering teams are looking for Software Engineers to work in one of our product teams focused on meeting the growing needs of our customers.
We built Terraform, the open source industry standard in the Infrastructure-as-Code movement, and it’s changing how organizations from startups to the enterprise provision infrastructure. Terraform Cloud is our SaaS platform built on top of Terraform that has seen tremendous adoption with strong growth forecasted. This is an opportunity to have an impact not just on the productivity and lives of developers, but on improving an industry as a whole.
We operate autonomously in a highly collaborative, remote-first environment. Anchored by reflection and humility, we’re steadily improving our processes and technical practices that include continuous deployment and use of feature flags. With the support of your teammates and manager, you’ll grow your skills to reach the next level in your career.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Own large customer facing projects, judiciously evaluate trade offs and remove project blockers
- Collaborate remotely on a cross-functional team including Engineering, Product, and Design to deliver excellent customer experiences
- Continuously improve the product by writing code in systems written in Ruby on Rails, Ember.js and Golang
- Maintain a reliable production application for our customers while working alongside infrastructure engineering
- Empathize with the end user and be their voice when influencing priorities and technical decisions
- Participate in cross-team working groups while developing your knowledge as subject matter expert
- Enable your teammates through technical contributions, code reviews, and pairing
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine and prioritize new features and enhancements
You’re a great addition if you:
- Have a college or university degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Have 10+ years of production experience* working on backend applications (e.g., Ruby on Rails, Node)
- Experience developing frontend applications (e.g., Ember.js, React). This is highly desirable
- Experience with writing services in Go is desirable but not required
- Strive for quality through maintainable code and comprehensive testing from development to deployment
- Eagerly take on new challenges and are driven to deliver the highest quality solution for our customers
- Communicate clearly while remaining empathetic and kind
- Have an eagerness to learn through humility and reflection
* Production experience means you have worked professionally on software that operates in a production environment serving users.