*The work location for this exciting opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work 100% remotely from home and can be located anywhere in the United States with a preference for East Coast or Central time zones for early morning meetings. *
*Position Summary: *
The American Red Cross is searching for self-motivated and independent Project Oversight Lead to support the Biomedical Integrated Systems modernization efforts. The Lead will be part of the oversight team leading the successful implementation of a new blood management systems which manages 40% of the US blood supply.
The Project Oversight Control Lead is an independent resource who ensures program governance & controls are adhered to and project health updates are transparent and accurate. S(he) is responsible for ensuring that project is planned, managed, and governed in a consistent, transparent, and disciplined manner. Further, s(he) ensures the right audits and controls are in place to reduce risk. Responsibilities will include program oversight and governance, audit support, and controls, resource and financial planning and management, risk management, compliance with program management methodologies and best practices. Additionally, this role will lead select comprehensive corrective action planning and options analysis initiatives.
The position requires an experienced program management professional with the right mix of relevant experience and skills, an ability to flex between the strategic and the tactical, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and a high level of energy and flexibility to get things done and thrive in a fast-paced, team-based product development environment. S(he) will be a program management leader who embodies Red Cross leadership principles of leading by example, communicating openly, enabling and inspiring others, exceling with partners, acting decisively, and collaborating effectively.
• Reports to Project Director. Creates deliverables used to communicate with key stakeholders, senior leadership teams and project leadership team while assisting in strengthening project oversight & governance processes.
• Collaborate with Senior Project Manager(s) to review scope, issues, risks, progress, schedule changes and budget impacts and frame talking points for executive consumption.
• Lead key decision support and corrective action planning activities for critical issues and risks. Includes outlining comprehensive options analysis, leading strategic assessments, framing action plans, schedule analysis, etc.
• Adheres to project management principals and follow the American Red Cross PMLC process as defined by the PMO.
• Lead project leadership and project advisory meetings. Build and distribute meeting artifacts.
• Interface with 3rd party solutions providers to ensure delivery of a quality solution.
Skills & Competencies:
• Experience acting in an enterprise PMO capacity and creating formal project artifacts and presentation to communicate with C-level stakeholders.
• Knowledge of enterprise-wide Software Implementation Project Life Cycle, Systems Integrations and Project/Program Management
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to lead meetings, drive outcomes and obtain updates.
• Comfortable working remote, results & performance driven, self-starter effective communicator.
• Experience working for an IT Strategy and Consulting Implementation Services firm like Oracle, Accenture, Deloitte, PA Consulting, Slalom, KPMG, Accenture, Booze Allen, etc. is highly preferred.
• Highly proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio and Excel. Able to create dashboards and reports with project management tools (Smartsheet, MS Project, Trello, Jira, etc.)
• Knowledge in all aspects of the project management life cycle and with the application of quality assurance, change management and other disciplines/processes related to the support of business systems applications and software products.
_Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment visas._
• The successful candidate will have a minimum of 7+ years of directly related experience in project oversight and project management for large, complex organizations implementing new enterprise-wide SaaS systems.
• Previous experience working in an FDA regulated environment highly desirable.
• Must have 3+ experience with integrated master schedule oversight.
• Bachelor's Degree required
For those candidates located in Colorado, the salary range for this position is: $120K +/- annual salary. There is not bonus pay associated with this position. Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location.
*The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.*
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $8.00 - $26.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
* Fully Remote