You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
Join a fast-paced and talented Agile Scrum/Kanban team to unlock Data Capabilities for The Hartford's Enterprise Data organization in IT to support Maintenance projects in Commercial Lines Data Warehouse. You will have an opportunity to participate in the entire software development lifecycle process in support of continuous DATA delivery, while growing your knowledge with emerging technologies. We use the latest DATA technologies, software engineering practices, Agile delivery framework, and are passionate about technology and building well architected and innovative solutions that drive optimal business value generation. This cutting edge and forward focused team presents the opportunity for collaboration, self-organization within the Scrum/Kanban Team and visibility as we focus on continuous Business data delivery.
What's in it for you?
- Experience deeper understanding of Data analytics, Emerging technologies and Development practices.
- Collaboration with a high-performing, forward-focused team, Product Owner(s) and Business stakeholders engagement.
- Further develop your data engineering skills using tools such as Talend, Informatica, B2B, Oracle PL/SQL, Hadoop (e.g. Scoop, Hive, Pig, Python, NiFi etc.), AWS (S3, EMR etc.), Snowflake etc. to build data assets that enable business value generation
- Appreciation and opportunity to learn and support rapid software construction and deployment using DataOps and Cloud based future technologies.
- Opportunity to expand your communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organization capabilities
- Experience working in a fast paced environment - driving business outcomes in Agile ways of working
- Supporting environment that fosters can-do attitude and opportunity for growth and advancement based on consistent demonstrative performance
- Optimize business value by leveraging your DATA experience and depth
- Strong technical leadership in supervising, planning and delivering highly complex projects and Maintenance requests consisting of a large number of deliverables,
- and complex dependencies.
- Bachelor degree with at least 5 or more years of applicable work experience with respect to Data Analysis, manipulation and technical development.
- Comprehensive understanding of end-to-end Data Warehousing architecture (i.e. Kimball/Dimensional modeling techniques in Oracle/AWS/Snowflake architecture
- and best practices), knowledge of ETL process across various tools, and understanding of the data usage within Business Intelligence reporting tools.
- Practice with Big Data technologies and concepts on Hadoop, AWS and Snowflake platform and willing/adapting to future technologies.
- Technical leadership with respect to design, implementation and overseeing complex technical processes.
- Proficient in latest Oracle technologies such as PL/SQL.
- Good understanding on various Data Migration solutions.
- Proficient in application Tuning.
- Understanding the various monitoring methodologies and proficient in using metadata.
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$107,280 - $160,920Benefits
Our company's success is due to our employees' dedication and passion for their work. They are our greatest asset. That's why we are committed to offering employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package and award-winning well-being programs. By helping our employees achieve their full potential, we unlock our own. Visit for details.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Sr Data Engineer - GE07BE