Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, and YouTube: /lumentechnologies. The Role
Come be a part of the Lumen experience and join a team focused on delivering strategic and tactical Cloud solutions to our customers. If you are prepared and poised to take the next step in your career where you can help drive strategic initiatives across a global business platform, we want to talk to you. The time is now for you to fulfill your greatest potential and reap the rewards of your significant efforts!
As a Lead Cloud Engineer, you will be joining a dynamic and growing Cloud Practice within the Global IT Solutions Organization. You will be responsible for a wide range of activities that span the entire spectrum of current state discovery to delivery of recommendations, architectures, plans, roadmaps, and financial benefits for our clients as they journey to the Cloud or enhance their current experience. This team of highly capable strategic consultants will form the "tip of the spear" for the delivery of a wide range of public, private, and hybrid platforms.The Main Responsibilities
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Discover and Analyze the drivers motivating a client to move to the Cloud and present findings and observations.
- Discover the current state of the client infrastructure and applications and present findings and observations related to readiness.
- Discover the current state of the client IT organizational structure and present findings and observations related to readiness.
- Discover at a high level the current state of the client IT related processes and present findings and observations related to readiness.
- Develop and present end state Cloud Architectures based on the current state discovery.
- Experience in interdisciplinary infrastructure DevOps Teams in charge for infrastructure landscapes based on open source projects like OpenStack, Kubernetes or Docker
- Develop and present detail Roadmaps and plans to transition to the defined end state Cloud architecture.
- Offer Lumen integration opportunities for non-Cloud assets working with Lumen teams to maximize the client opportunity.
- Build the business case for moving to the cloud.
- Analysis of current IT depreciation schedule and how it can be maximized related to Total Cost of Ownership via cloud services.
- Work with the client to develop the Cloud TCO / ROI analysis / and Funding requirements.
- Assist in the development of internal communication plans to enable adoption.
- Assist in the development of required organizational processes and structure for Cloud adoption and management.
- Analysis of current SLA's if applicable and offer observations relevant to a Cloud deployment.
- Assist in the development and training of client personnel for adoption and management of Cloud assets.
- Offer the development of a Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE).
- Design and migrate customer to Lumen Private Cloud
- Design and implement for Lumen Hosted Area Network.
- Document a plan for future scalability and innovation using cloud infrastructure.
How You Will Grow
- Previous Big 4 or major consulting experience preferred.
- 5-8 years of experience with any of the AWS , Azure, Google technologies.
- Understanding private cloud architecture of Lumen for designing and implementation for customers. The Lumen private cloud are CPC and DCC.
- Design and implementation guideline for Cisco ACI technologies.
- Ability to design and implement Lumen CAM solution for customers.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate, and AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional required
- A combination of Microsoft certifications desired - Microsoft Azure Solutions Exam 532; Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions Exam 533; Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions Exam 534; Designing and Implementing Cloud Data Platform Solutions Exam 473.
- A combination of Google certifications desired - Google Associate Cloud Engineer; Google Professional Cloud Architect.
- A combination of VMware certifications desired - Data Center Virtualization (Professional); Cloud Management and Automation (Professional); Advanced Cloud Management and Automation (Professional); Design Cloud Management and Automation (Professional).
- Broad and comprehensive knowledge of Cloud providers, Amazon, Azure, Google.
- 3+ years of experience working on strategic initiatives within a large, matrixed and complex organization; previous consulting experience strongly preferred.
- Experience developing executive communications, both written and verbal.
- Strategic thinker with the proven ability to identify opportunities, formulate supporting business cases and gain support from stakeholders.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of others and develop relationships across the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clarity and precision in both written and verbal capacities.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Bias towards delivering impactful results.
- Education: Bachelor's degree.
At Lumen, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. Our core focus is on our people and making sure the client experience is the best we can possibly offer.
At Lumen, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Lumen can mean for you.
Requisition #: 247192
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. EEO Statement
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. NOTE:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Disclaimer
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Range Salary Min :
83430Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here.
We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Range Salary Min :
83430Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more..... click apply for full job details