* Bachelor's degree in Insurance, Risk management, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics or Business preferred; minimum of Associate's degree or combination of secondary education (and/or other related certifications preferred, such as CPCU, CIC, etc.) and comparable, progressive experience.
* Commercial Lines product knowledge and 2+ years relevant experience including underwriting and customer relationship experience in the Property and Casualty insurance industry; multi-lines underwriting experience preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must possess ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the company with internal and external customers, agents, vendors, etc.
* Proficiency and proven skill in use of computer programs, including strong knowledge and utilization of Microsoft Office applications
* Ability to maintain composure, exercise good judgment and act in a professional manner when challenged; ability to build and sustain positive and collaborative working relationships.
* Strong conceptual and analytical ability; decision-making and proven negotiation skills a must.