Fully qualified analyst who supports both the systems and the processes of the business unit, acting in a liaison role between the business and IT. Advises in case consultation of highly complex and escalated cases and provides support to the front-line team and other analysts. Provides direction on policy and procedure, implements training strategy and mentors others. Accountable for compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. Provides support for large projects by drafting requirements, performing updates, and designing and executing test cases. Responsible for data quality and the monitoring of reports and trending in the business unit.Job DescriptionJob Duties and Responsibilities
Required Job Qualifications
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates complex business systems, processes, data, and user needs.
- Analyzes and initiates business process improvements across wide range of processes, data, systems and business areas; sets direction and policy within span of control.
- Resolves highly complex issues escalated by the business team using simple, non-technical language. Can also consult with IT Personnel in a more technical manner and other business areas (i.e. Legal and Compliance) to help with resolutions.
- Manage and successfully deliver moderately to highly complex projects. At times may provide and lead the direction of others.
- Defines scope, objectives and requirements on moderately to high complex projects. Assists in defining and designing system/business/data requirements and recommends solutions to moderately complex business needs.
- Ownership of analysis and implementation of regulatory routings to ensure compliance; Review and recommend updates to prospectus and contract language to ensure business practices are compliant.
- Assists in defining, developing, and providing information and analysis to drive and support decision-making for moderately to high complex processes and business operations for internal and external customers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 6-8+ years of experience in the Business System Analyst field or related area
- Technical expertise and advanced understanding across many functional areas
- Advanced levels of analysis and independence
- Advanced working knowledge of systems design process and methodology as well as knowledge / use of systems tools including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, and other applications / software as required
- Solid understanding of testing tools
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to or call and request Human Resources.