- JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE
- Serves as an expert resource on external financial reporting, financial analysis, and scenario modeling. Responsible for ensuring adequate audit trail, analysis, reporting and documentation. Designs and leads department staff in achieving assigned analytical and process studies to achieve Health Plan objectives. Operates with a high degree of autonomy, exercising appropriate judgment in response to dynamic business needs.
- DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
- Samaritan Health Plans (SHP) operates a portfolio of health plan products under several different legal structures: InterCommunity Health Plans, Inc. (IHN) is designated as a regional Coordinated Care Organization (CCO) for Medicaid beneficiaries; Samaritan Health Plans, Inc. offers Medicare Advantage, Commercial Large Group, and Commercial Large Group PPO and EPO plans; SHP is also the third-party administrator for Samaritan Health Services' self-funded employee health benefit plan. As part of an Integrated Delivery System, Samaritan Health Plans is strategically and operationally aligned with Samaritan Health Services' mission of Building Healthier Communities Together.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a closely related field required. CPA, MBA or Master's degree in Finance preferred.
- Five (5) years progressively responsible experience in financial analysis required. Experience in an insurance and/or managed care environment preferred.
- Experience completing complex analytical tasks with minimal supervision required.
- Experience and/or training in the use of accounting, financial and business software applications including Excel, Word and Access required. Experience with EPIC, Oracle/PeopleSoft, and Axiom EPM preferred.
- Experience working across multiple organizations and multiple levels of management preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to perform group presentations, tactfully discuss issues, and listen to and understand concepts, rules and procedures. Ability to work with all levels within the organization, facilitate communication, and effectively document related activities.
- Ability to identify complex problems, review related information, employ creativity and alternative thinking to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(1 - 10% of the time)
(11 - 33% of the time)
(34 - 66% of the time)
(67 - 100% of the time)
CLIMB - STAIRS
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Waist to Eye: up to 54") 0 - 20 Lbs
CARRY 1-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
BEND FORWARD at waist
KNEEL (on knees)
WALK - LEVEL SURFACE
ROTATE TRUNK Standing
REACH - Upward
PUSH (0 - 20 pounds force)
PULL (0 - 20 pounds force)
CARRY 2-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
ROTATE TRUNK Sitting
REACH - Forward
MANUAL DEXTERITY Hands/wrists