UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible to evaluate requests from the UCS Quality team and various studies including analyzing, reviewing, forecasting, trending, and presenting information.
The role supports short and long term UCS HEDIS® operational/strategic business activities as well as supporting special projects for Quality activities, including requirements, development oversight and implementation of strategic business solutions.
The work supports Commercial, Medicare & Medicaid HEDIS® quality improvement programs. Additionally, this role will support process improvement through the identification of data source opportunities for improvement and development of associated action plans. The business analyst will also serve as liaison to Quality partners and Optum Development partners.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience in Business Requirements Gathering and Documentation
- 3+ years of experience in Healthcare Industry with understanding of medical terminology and clinical care
- 2+ years of demonstrated project management
- Demonstrated ability to create Gantt charts, project plan, etc.
- Intermediate or higher level proficiency in all MS Office Suite programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor's Degree
- Tableau and SSRS experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of HEDIS® Collection season
- Knowledgeable on CAHPS® requirement
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- SQL Skills
- Ability to bring a possible solution when seeking assistance on an issue
- Ability to work multiple projects at one time and maintain all project timelines
- Ability to work with all levels of leadership (front line to Vice President)
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate via email
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Ability to solve complex questions
- Ability to discuss and resolve issues surrounding requirements with little to no assistance
- Ability to have a positive and productive working relationships with business partners
- Ability to manage own time efficiently and effectively
- Ability to clearly communicate expectations and deliverables
- Ability to understand how to gather data or do analysis
- Ability to identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Problem solving skills; the ability to systematically analyze problems, draw relevant conclusions and devise appropriate courses of action
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information from others
- Works as a team player and with minimal guidance. Seeking guidance only on the most complex tasks
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr. Business Analyst, Business Requirements, Healthcare, Clinical Care, Medical, Project Management, Project Manager, Tableau, SSRS, HEDIS, CAHPS, SQL, Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, Minnetonka, MN, Work At Home, Remote, Work From Home, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, UHC, UnitedHealthcare