We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they've been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today-and tomorrow.Job Description
Thrivent is searching for a fully qualified Senior Business Analyst to act as a Product Owner supporting our Carrier Distribution Operations Team. In this role, you will be responsible for driving execution in collaboration with other Thrivent departments and Distribution partners while using an agile framework. You will gather and document functional and non-functional requirements for Carrier Operations and recommend functional solutions and alternatives, as well as assist in the creation of Thrivent Carrier web portal. In this role you will facilitate effective meetings, resolve conflict and/or escalate project issues and risks when necessary with potential solutions or recommendations. It is necessary that this individual establishes trusting and credible relationships with identified business and vendor parties, assigned business analysis team members, and department leaders through successful completion of projects, including work prioritization of team members. In this mentorship role, you will provide direction on policy and procedure and implement training strategies for team members. This Senior Business Systems Analyst would also be accountable for compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
*Remote opportunities available.Job Duties and Responsibilities
Required Job Qualifications
- Reviews, analyzes & evaluates complex business systems, processes, data, and user needs.
- Analyzes and initiates business process improvements across wide range of processes, data, systems and business areas; sets direction and policy within span of control.
- Resolves highly complex issues escalated by the business team using simple, non-technical language. Can also consult with IT Personnel in a more technical manner and other business areas (i.e. Legal and Compliance) to help with resolutions.
- Manage and successfully deliver moderately to highly complex projects. At times may provide and lead the direction of others.
- Defines scope, objectives and requirements on moderately to high complex projects. Assists in defining and designing system/business/data requirements and recommends solutions to moderately complex business needs.
- Ownership of analysis and implementation of regulatory routings to ensure compliance; Review and recommend updates to prospectus and contract language to ensure business practices are compliant.
- Assists in defining, developing, and providing information and analysis to drive and support decision-making for moderately to high complex processes and business operations for internal and external customers.
- Proactively anticipate, recognize and lead change to drive results.
- Manage and deliver work using Agile methodology.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 6-8+ years of experience in the Business System Analyst field or related area
- Product Owner experience preferred
- Technical expertise and advanced understanding across many functional areas
- Advanced levels of analysis and independence
- Advanced working knowledge of systems design process and methodology as well as knowledge / use of systems tools including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, and other applications / software as required
- Solid understanding of testing tools
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to or call and request Human Resources.