About the Team:
As part of the Vault Cryptosec team, you will be directly contributing to the development of PKI and Advanced Data Protection features and related workflows that support many of the largest corporations in the world.
We have a diverse team of engineers focused on continuing to make Vault one of the industry's most trusted security cloud products. The engineers on our team have a passion for solving complex problems, designing object data models to represent complex application data, and building highly scalable and highly available platforms.
We're hiring Sr. Backend Engineer to continue to build and scale our PKI and Advanced Data Protection features within the Vault Product.
In this position, you can expect to:
- Leverage new technologies and invent new algorithms to solve complex code security related problems.
- Help contribute to the HashiCorp community by providing code review, mentorship, and support to HashiCorp employees, community members, and partners
- Advocate and support improvements to Vault APIs and core to improve development and integration of tools and plugins
- Work on issues and improvements critical to the success of HashiCorp customers and the broader community
- Lead the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing and release
- Program mostly in Golang, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You exhibit ownership in your work, including research and understanding of the problem space, collaborating with the team to come up with solutions, proactively communicating your progress to the team, and shipping the feature over the finish line.
- You’re able to knowledgeably discuss design and performance tradeoffs in complex systems
- You are passionate about building security-related products
- Professional experience in a programming language like Go, Java, or C++
- You have skills and specialization with practical/applied cryptographic algorithms and systems like PKI or TLS
- You like writing programs that can result in positive experiences for customers of Vault