Sr. Automation Engineer, Autonomous Mobile Robotics
Hartford, CT or RemoteAbout Stanley Black & Decker and The Role
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) team means joining one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies.SBD, a Fortune 500 companyis a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Since 1843, Stanley Black & Decker has been committed to innovation and social responsibility, while becoming a leader in multiple industries.
We are seeking a Sr. Automation Engineer
to deploy mobile robots (AMR, AGV, and VGV for carrying, towing/tugging, forked transport, and floor cleaning), automated logistical solutions and flexible lean automation systems across our worldwide manufacturing and logistics operations. This role can be based at Stanley Black & Decker's Manufactory 4.0 in Hartford, CT and also allows for remote presence. Relocation is not required. Responsibilities, Experience and Competencies
Required Education, Experience and Skills Include:
- Define, plan, implement and support the mobile robotic and logistical automation equipment deployed in Stanley Black & Decker's manufacturing and distribution facilities, including process, financial and technical analysis.
- Program, integrate and troubleshoot AMRs from well-known Original Equipment Manufacturers. Debug system functionality including mapping, localization, and robot motion.
- Evaluate program and project requirements, develop complex equipment and tooling concepts and design solutions for a reliable production process while applying lean concepts.
- Plan mobile robot routes, calculate payload requirements, travel times, robot quantities, etc. Optimize fleet management.
- Select peripherals - docking stations, chargers, carts, pallet lifters, etc.
- Lead the process to gather technical requirements, author Statements of Work, solicit quotes, evaluate proposals and select vendors.
- Lead a cross-functional team to conduct safety risk assessments, FAT, and SAT.
- Conduct training for Production and Maintenance personnel.
- Vet new technology to understand if it is ready to deploy into the facilities.
- Collaborate with existing digital manufacturing teams to serve up requested data for collection, reporting, and display.
- Collaborate with factories and DCs throughout all business units on machine design and the needs of the automation to ensure that the deliverables match the needs and expectations - the voice of the customer.
- The focus on this role is mobile robotics, but the candidate is expected to be competent and to participate in the total mission of the Industry 4.0 initiative and the Automation stream.
- This role is a combination of hands-on work in The Manufactory and at sites, and remote project and vendor management.
- Successful candidates will fit Stanley Black & Decker's purpose and culture:
Preferred Competencies Include:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited engineering program - Mechanical, Electrical/Controls, Automation/Robotics, or Industrial etc.
- 3 years' experience with AMR AGV / AMR / VGV including support, programming and deployment
- At least 5 years' experience with the following:
- Experience deploying mobile robotics projects in a manufacturing or logistics environment.
- Experience with Material Flow Analysis and internal logistics
- Experience with shop floor layouts, lean methodologies and material replenishment
- Candidates must also possess a knowledge of mechanical components commonly found on assembly automation machines
- Experience in a manufacturing or logistics environment
- Project management
- Problem solving and root cause analysis
- Existing relationships with system integrators, machine builders, and component manufacturers, and developing new ones.
- Understanding of Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing principles. Green Belt preferred.
- Design, create, and debug software (Python, C#, or similar)
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Create and deliver executive level presentations
- Plan and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Prior direct supervisory experience a plus
- Kara Kuri experience a plus
- AutoCAD experience a plus
- AS/RS experience a plus
- up to 30%
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to visit existing suppliers, research new projects, and commission projects.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or any other protected characteristic.#LI-LA1 remote
- provided by Dice