HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You've earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you've worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Senior Associate Scientist - Data Analysis/Biostatistics (Open to Remote)LiveWhat you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. We are looking for a Sr. Associate Scientist
with experience in biopharmaceutical preclinical safety assessment and/or academic basic cardiovascular research, to join the Safety and Exploratory Pharmacology (SEP) team in Thousand Oaks, CA. The SEP group provides in vivo pharmacology expertise to support Amgen's portfolio, as well as develop/explore innovative new assays as part of the Translational Safety & Pharmacology (TSP) group in Amgen Research. The TSP group is comprised of safety pharmacologists that provide expertise and meaningful data (exploratory/GLP) to drug development teams and toxicologists that provide direct oversight for nonclinical safety strategy for specific drug projects.
The successful candidate will have prior knowledge and hands-on experience in cardiovascular safety pharmacology, arrhythmia biology and/or cardiovascular disease models (e.g., heart failure). Prior experience with telemetry methods is ideal. This individual should be highly self-motivated with strong technical, analytical and communication (written/verbal) skills to facilitate success in a cross-functional environment.Responsibilities include:
WinWhat we expect of you
- Performs data and statistical analyses for both internal and external data sets
- Integrates results into scientific recommendations
- Designs and monitors studies with contract laboratories
- Develop as a SEP representative to cross-functional teams or as the lead on departmental teams
- Authors technical documents, reports/presentations and regulatory documents clearly and concisely with minimal supervision.
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a scientist with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Master's degree and 3 years of physiology, pharmacology, statistics, or related fieldOr
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of physiology, pharmacology, statistics, or related fieldPreferred Qualifications:
ThriveSome of the vast rewards of working here
- Master's (or Bachelor's) degree in physiology, pharmacology, statistics, or related subject area, with 3 - 5 years within an academic or industrial laboratory setting, or PhD degree.
- Hands-on experience with cardiovascular data acquisition and analysis.
- Strong understanding of biostatistical analysis approaches, including experience with R, SAS or alternate platforms.
- Demonstrated organization and computational skills to analyze and finalize experiments/projects, using industry-standard software platforms.
- Some understanding of physiological, pharmacology and drug development processes.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
Apply nowfor a career that defies imagination
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan-comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits-with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.