Underwrites institutional retirement income annuity cases for new and existing customers within established approval limits that involve an intermediate to high level of complexity, risk and financial impact.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Analyzes data related to the risk being underwritten for institutional retirement income annuities, primarily in the pension risk transfer market, with an intermediate to high level of complexity in order to determine what benefits, if any, can be offered and at what premiums.
- Develops detailed annuity proposals and assists intermediaries with requirements to properly submit group annuity quote requests, bid specifications, and applications.
- Conducts research in order to secure additional data needed to make determinations on benefits and pricing.
- Communicates with contract holders, brokers, agencies, and/or other sources concerning underwriting guidelines, decisions and procedures.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship and rapport with external wholesalers, brokers, consultants, and other internal and external business partners.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Seasoned underwriting knowledge and expertise with retirement plans, products, design, administration and regulatory requirements.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions using sound and logical reasoning.
- Attention to detail with strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills (written and verbal) and negotiation skills.
- Strong mathematical aptitude.
- Financial aptitude for understanding pricing strategies and their potential impact on financial results.
- Familiarity with a variety of underwriting concepts, practices and procedures and the ability to creatively apply them.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Proficient computer skills using various software packages including word-processing, spreadsheet and electronic mail.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or 4-7 years of annuity underwriting experience.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site
- Minimum: $55,000-Maximum: $100,000.
- Pay commensurate with experience
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, youll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here youll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the companys exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.