Become one of the stars behind The SHOW and become part of the world's most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race
It is the primary responsibility of the Manager in planning and organizing resources to perform routine and scheduled functions as well as to respond to business unit questions. The Manager ensures the team is effectively trained in their assigned processes and work products are appropriately reviewed and communication on changes, issues or status are appropriately distributed to affected parties. The Manager models the core values of the department in their deadlines with others and develops and implements practices that ensure the satisfaction, recognition and engagement of their team members. The Manager works to ensure processes are operating effectively and efficiently, implementing best practices and improvements in a standardized way across all finance related functions.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Possesses knowledge of Shared Services and integrates principles into decisions regarding departmental processes, procedures, and projects.
- Enhance process design across multiple business units to improve scalability and consistency.
- Recommend strategy and implementation design for new business or increased business volumes, and integrate into existing processes.
- Monitors and drives the LEAN Educated program and training amongst the team, ensuring implementation of continuous improvement ideas and providing recognition.
- Participates in execution of FSSC strategy for continuous improvements, including influencing the culture within the department to initiate and execute LEAN ideas.
- Initiates and sponsor qualified processes for automation that support the department's strategic direction on the use of technology (RPA, AI, etc.)
- Continuously build, develop and improve operations, processes, and procedures in Shared Services to support strategic direction through the use of technology (RPA, AI, etc.)
- Develop and manage a changing work environment from the use of automation and digital innovation.
- Participate and execute technology developments that supports the strategic direction of Shared Services.
- Builds and develops personnel to continually sustain a high-quality and high-performing team.
- Manage, develop and engage personnel in a way that motivates and encourages elevated level performance while adapting to the demands of a large-scale company.
- Supports and manages initiatives and policies for a paperless work environment.
- Evaluates and enhances financial controls and other risk measurement and mitigation elements.
- Proactively identifies and evaluates issues and potential problems and provides timely solutions.
- Manage service level (SLA) expectations, performance metrics and KPIs.
- Establish goals, monitor key metrics, execute analysis and reporting and enhances processes as needed to ensure compliance.
- Maintains an understanding of Finance concepts, methods, standards, principles, and technology, and makes sound decisions and recommendations based on that understanding
- Understands how the business works and the upstream and downstream activities that impact and are impacted by Finance
- Coordinates activities and production of documents for business units/multiple properties and FSSC in response to requests from internal Auditors, independent auditors, and local, state, and federal agencies.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- This position is primarily a work from home position. Due to the responsibilities of the position, there will be circumstances when being at one of our properties or offices is required.
- Dependent on departmental needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two (2) years of related experience
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Advanced knowledge of general accounting principles, accounting practices and theories
- Advanced experience and knowledge of PC computer software programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access or equivalent)
- Previous knowledge and experience with MGM Resorts International gaming and financial systems (Tandem, CMS, Machine Accounting, CBS, Bravo Poker, XpertX, MLife, Oracle-ERP-EPM, and Opera)
- Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language
- Previous experience working in a similar resort or Financial Shared Services Center setting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Gaming registration/ work permit/ licensed in all applicable jurisdictions as required
- Demonstrates Business Acumen and Sound Decision Making: Sets direction and makes informed decisions that enhance financial and operational performance. Demonstrates highly effective critical thinking skills. Seeks out and leverages information and data to inform business strategies.
- Leads and Develops a High-Performing, Inclusive, and Diverse Workforce: Creates a culture of high- performance and employee engagement. Assesses skills of team members and provides developmental opportunities to enhance current and future performance. Holds self and others accountable and enforces high standards. Coaches and mentors others and provides candid and constructive feedback. Leverages employee differences and diversity of thought.
- Champions Innovation and Change: Creates an environment in which creativity and innovation are the norm and change is not only accepted but encouraged. Takes appropriate risks and encourages others to do so. Demonstrates an ability to facilitate and lead through change.
- Partners and Collaborates with Others: Proactively seeks input from others, leveraging diversity and individual expertise. Communicates effectively, providing the right message to the right audience at the right time. Develops, maintains, and leverages a network built on trust within and outside of the company in support of initiatives. Demonstrates tact and diplomacy, and honors commitments to others.
- Exemplifies Leadership Integrity and Courage: Sets a forward-thinking vision and drives the organization to meet that vision. Makes difficult or unpopular decisions for the good of the business. Displays personal resilience and is not discouraged by resistance or obstacles. Demonstrates ethical behavior and integrity regardless of the situation. Exhibits professionalism, flexibility, confidence, and composure.
- Pursues Personal Development: Is intellectually curious and continually seeks self-improvement. Actively asks for and acts upon feedback from others. Consistently works to enhance leadership skills, technical skills, and community involvement.
- Inspires a Values-Based Culture: Understands, communicates, and acts in accordance with the company's core values (teamwork, integrity, and excellence) and demonstrates their connection to the success of the business. Incorporates Corporate Social Responsibility pillars (volunteerism and philanthropy, diversity and inclusion, and sustainability) into the business culture.