SQL DBA, SQL Server Database Administrator, SQL Server, Production DBA, Index, Indexing, T-SQL, Performance Monitoring, Performance Tuning, High Availability, Replication, CDC, Clustering, Powershell, PostgreSQL
A leading organisation in Central Manchester who have continued to grow their DBA team throughout Covid, have need of an additional excellent SQL DBA to join their strong DBA team and support and administer one of the largest SQL Server environments in Europe. They are looking to consider strong DBAs at all levels, junior, Mid-level and Senior SQL DBA specialists.
Given the scale of the environment, strong SQL DBAs will be faced with fresh technical challenges and tasks unlikely seen before, so someone who is focussed on personal and technical development and improvement would be a good fit.
You will be working heavily on Performance Tuning, Query Optimisation and Indexing, as well as High Availability and other DBA tasks. You will have strong Production DBA experience and expert SQL Server knowledge, ideally you have worked with very large data sets and in highly transactional settings.
Key skills for the role includes;
- Strong SQL Server DBA experience
- Expert SQL Server Knowledge, SQL Server Internals, Database Engine
- Performance Tuning & Monitoring, Query Optimisation
- Indexes & Clustering
- High Availability, Replication, CDC, Logshipping
Additional highly desirable skills include;
- PostgreSQL experience
- Linux/Experience of working in a Linux environment
- Experience of working with very large databases and data sets
- Experience of working in highly transactional database environments
This role will be paid a salary at circa £45,000 - £60,000 + excellent benefits, including remote working 3 days per week, depending on skills and experience.
For more information about this excellent role, please respond with an up to date CV via the links provided and call Joe Ingleby.