SQL DBA / Database Administrator / Development DBA
Fully Remote or Hybrid working available
A talented and experienced development focused SQL DBA is required to join a growing and awarding winning fintech who are scaling their engineering team to improve and enhance their services and features of their platform to make it the best value in the sector. As a Database administrator you will be working in an agile team, following scrum practices and responsible for helping to maintain availability on all current and legacy services, whilst working with the teams to design and build new strategic services based on Azure and public cloud technologies.
You will work with key business stakeholders, scrum teams, DevOps, Security and 3rd party vendors to ensure delivery of effective, resilient and efficient solutions to customers.
The role will involve:
- Assist/Support development team in design phase to contribute to database performance and efficiency, across traditional and cloud-based technologies.
- Expertise on ETL technologies
- Working within industry standard source control technologies
- Support during the build and test phase.
- Provide expert level technical assistance to ensure their code/queries perform optimally
- Be the centre of excellence for T-SQL coding and process design.
- Support the release and implementation process through all environments
- Work across internal and external environments that are managed in-house, as well as by 3rd party suppliers
- Ability to assist the Infrastructure focused DBA
- Firstly you're an experienced Database Administrator who takes a flexible approach to tasks and team working.
- You take ownership and responsibility and take pride in doing a good job! You have a passion for technology and a strong desire to be constantly learning and developing.
- We're seeking a couple of DBA's and envisage that you will focus on the Data side of our estate, helping with building and delivering new systems for our development environment.
- Our priority is to find colleagues that share our passions and mindset. Working at the forefront of technology means that you're constantly evolving your skills and experience, so we don't expect you to have used all of our tech stack but we do expect expertise in some.
- We are ideally looking for robust SQL Server database administration in a high availability environment, experience working with SQL development and application teams to design and provision database technologies, strong experience in Data Warehousing, ETL design and management, along with performance tuning within an expanding and busy production environment, capacity planning, backup, and disaster recovery planning, and database security and its application across multiple environments.
Extensive benefits include:
- Discretionary bonus each year.
- Working fully from home or hybrid working options available
- Flexible working hours available.
- 25 days holiday per calendar year with the holiday option to purchase or sell
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Hack days.
- Attend conferences and meet-up events.
- Regular social events.
- Private Medical scheme.
- Income protection scheme.
- Group contributory pension scheme.
- Various corporate gym membership rates.
All interviews and onboarding will be conducted remotely and swift feedback and decisions can be provided.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.