We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they've been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today-and tomorrow.
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer executes the automated quality assurance of our native mobile app technology solutions, running on both iOS and Android platforms. SQ Assurance Engineers (SQAE) are responsible for defining, implementing and continuously improving policies, processes and procedures that deliver products and services of the highest level of quality and reliability for the business and customers. The SQAE also creates, executes and documents the tests necessary to ensure that application and technical environment meets performance requirements (technical and functional) and free from defects. The SQAE ensures that quality standards are met and adhered to by using their knowledge and quality assurance methods, tools and techniques. The SQAE will resolve, document, and report to management quality problems that arise.Job DescriptionJob Duties and Responsibilities
- Write technical test cases
- Develop automated testing scripts for moderately complex environments.
- Understand how technical requirements lead to test cases and be able to write a positive and negative technical test case.
- Understand how business requirements lead to test cases and be able to write a positive and negative test case. Ability to write test cases under the direction of others
- Design and implement technical Test plans and Test Cases
- Review and understand documentation related to projects assigned and provide test estimates
- Perform Automation, Smoke / Sanity Test, Functional Test, Integration Test and Regression Test and post implementation test as appropriate for continuous delivery.
- Follow defect life cycle in appropriate defect tracking tools
- Provides a regular status report to Lead SQA
- Defines and prepares test data to support deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science, business, mathematics or related field
- 3+ years of applicable experience
- Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Technical writing
- Experience with Test automation and frame work
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated execution on mid-large-scale projects impacting strategic priorities
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) framework
- In-depth knowledge of systems design, architecting and implementing large business systems
- Native Mobile app automation experience using Appium (iOS or Android or both)
*This is a 100% remote role
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to or call and request Human Resources.