Description: Construction Specialties, Inc.
Founded in 1948, Construction Specialties (CS) is a specialty building products manufacturer. CS provides solutions to building challenges that architects, designers, building owners, facility managers, and contractors face every day. Since inventing the first extruded louver, CS has become a global leader in all our product categories. Our products are a part of some of the most iconic buildings around the world -from the world s tallest tower, Burj Khalifa in Dubai, to the Oculus at the World Trade Center Transit Hub in Manhattan. If you want to work in an inspiring atmosphere and collaborate with customers and colleagues to solve challenges, we're the right place for you. CS: Making Buildings Better
This is a REMOTE position; however, to be considered, applicants should reside in or be willing to relocate to the following states: PA, GA, NJ, TX, WI, NV, AZ, or FL at their own expense. SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for growing sales by creating demand thru specifications & developing, strengthening and expanding relationships with architects, designer, GC s and subcontractors; plus engineers as necessary.
- Identifies, qualifies, project leads to build pipeline of opportunities in a territory.
- Creates specification volume that meets or exceeds territory sales targets.
Represent the CS s core values of Creativity, Solution driven and Integrity and conduct oneself as a professional and knowledgeable resource that can be relied on for a successful and profitable completion. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, including but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Responsible for generating & increasing and improving CS basis of design specifications in assigned territory and tracking and closing them to drive incremental sales and margin. Annual goals are set by Director of North American Sales. The position serves a primary territory, but can support special target projects that are outside of territory that are deemed a strategic focus for CS.
- Responsible for early engagement of projects in design and tracking them in CRM from bidding to closure.
- Regularly identifies, qualifies & converts new project leads to CRM and into project tracking pipeline.
- Tracks a minimum of promotional projects in design where we can influence the specifications in the coming 12 months; plus, tracks bid/track/close project opportunities that we can bring to closure in the coming 12 months.
- Consistently uses CRM to capture accounts, contacts, and project tracking activities.
- Identifies and influences design choices with key influencers on projects to sell CS strengths and all CS solutions that satisfy customer needs; thereby creating multi-products specifications that differentiate CS.
- Leverages competitive selling advantages (CS strengths vs competitive weaknesses) throughout the selling process, thereby delivering CS solutions that are specified and converted to sales.
- Update architect specifications ( created/rewritten/modified) to basis of design or better to expand specification annuity in the territory.
- Assist Architect & Design community create/rewrite/modify project specifications as needed
- Collaborates with local representative on target projects and architects to expand incremental coverage and avoid duplication and redundancy.
- Identify, establish, and grow coverage & relationships, in both current and future firms in the Architectural and Design community. Also, will cultivate relationships with contractors and engineers on a project specific basis.
- Recommends product solutions and/or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Engages and utilizes CS team resources (such as Product Specialist) for the sale of our products within their territories/markets of responsibility.
- Familiarity with a variety of the installation concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to align CS value propositions & solutions with customer & project needs that differentiate CS from the rest of the market.
- Relies on extensive market & industry experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complex tasks.
- Responsible for fostering relationship with all key influencers who would specify CS products
- Plans, controls, and follows all quotations, through customer order, for any project in which their involvement is directly related. Coordinates with each local representative to ensure alignment and avoid overlap.
- Can assists local sales representatives to promote and secure new, major, and important accounts. Including local association or trade shows as deemed necessary.
- Collaborates with local representative network to respond to inquiries from customers, architects concerning price, application of products, technical product information. Coordinates and otherwise assists with the services of the company's technical engineering staff to determine customers' needs.
- Prepares and submits periodic reports on measurements of activities, sales volume, expenses, etc., for the Specification Sales Director.
Qualification: KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION:
(Minimum Education and/or Experience required)
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Bachelor s degree required
- 5 years+ experience in construction, contracting or related industry
- Read architectural blueprints
- Strong appetite for applied learning
- Building trusting relationships
- High impact communications
- Devising sales approaches & solutions
- Results oriented - self motivated
- Cold calling
- Negotiation & presentation skills
- Team player - motivated to achieve own objectives but puts higher priority on team goals.
- Computer literacy windows based (Excel, word & pptx)
- Analytical capability - Advanced Math skills
- Knowledge of the commercial construction process & architectural specification market, and how to work with contractors, estimating procedures, pricing, and discounting
- External relationship cultivator/maintainer