HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Specialist IS Data Architect Clinical Trial Data & Analytics (CTDA) Global Development Operations (GDO
Specialist IS Data Architect Clinical Trial Data & Analytics (CTDA) Global Development Operations (GDO)What you will do:
Drive, sustain and advance Global Development Operations capabilities. In this vital role you will join the multi-site Research & Development Informatics organization at its main headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA. The Specialist IS Data Architect will join Clinical Trial Data & Analytics (CTDA) Product team within the Global Development Operations Digital, Technology & Innovation (GDO-DTI) organization. As an architect of CTDA Product Team, you will be responsible for transforming the GDO data & analytics ecosystem comprised of Data stores and DataMarts to Enterprise Data Fabric (EDF) utilizing advanced Cloud technologies. As a member of this team, you will collaborate with partner Information Systems organizations, Enterprise Platform Teams and Amgens Global Development Operations teams to define and manage delivery of new features and functions within Amgens technology ecosystem to enable business growth, customer engagement strategies and ensure access to our products. Are you a seasoned technologist that enjoys collaborating with business partners to enable a more connected enterprise data? Come join our team!
What we expect of youResponsibilities Include:
- Lead selected efforts to design, build, and develop rapid Proof-of-Concept (POC) solution and/or service for CTDA product. Quickly and iteratively prove or disprove the concepts being considered.
- Provide leadership and engineering expertise along with delivery for end-to-end solution delivery in an agile setting
- Potential to provide hands on development and programming of Data, analytics and visualization solutions that support clinical trial solutions enabling Amgen clinical trial planning, execution, and clinical data analysis
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the Amgens core and industry technologies, and recommend solutions that drive significant and strategic business outcomes
- Determine which tools and architectures are available for pipeline development based on the data source format and current technologies
- Develop data flow pipelines to extract, transform, and load data from various data sources in various forms, including custom ETL pipelines
- Establish and oversee the technology architecture to advance Global Development Operations capabilities
- Partner with the technical architects and platform teams, enterprise-wide, to identify end-to-end coordinated designs, aligned with the DTI-strategy
- Build data products and service processes which perform data transformation, metadata extraction, workload management and error processing management to ensure high quality data
- Provide clear documentation for delivered solutions and processes, integrating documentation
- Ensure that CTDA platform is aligned with the overall architectural and development guidelines
- Identify and implement internal process improvements for data management (automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability)
- Partner with business stakeholders and other technical team members to identify and acquire data sources that are most relevant to business needs and goals
- Lead the tracking of technical problems and issues, and their resolution
Masters degree and 3 years of Information Systems and/or Software Engineer experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Information Systems and/or Software Engineer experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Information Systems and/or Software Engineer experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems and/or Software Engineer experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Highly organized self-starter with excellent communication skills
- Strong learning agility and technical leadership with the ability to breakdown complex topics and issues into actionable plans
- Demonstrated ability to organize, manage, and direct cross-functional teams to address and solve business and technical issues
- Demonstrated track record of delivering IS solutions that yield measurable business results
- Experience with data analysis, data modeling, and data visualization solutions such as Tableau and Spotfire
- Experience with Design-Thinking methodology and User Experience driven solutions.
- Solid understanding of Clinical Development Operations processes, particularly CTMS and EDC data and analytics to support various phases of the clinical trial execution.
- Proficient in one of the coding languages (Python, Java, Scala)
- Hands on experience writing SQL using any RDBMS (Redshift, Postgres, MySQL, Teradata, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience with data modeling for cloud enabled IT systems
- Experience with AWS Services like EC2, S3, Redshift/Spectrum, Glue, Athena, RDS, Lambda, and API gateway
- Experience with software DevOps CI/CD tools, such Git, Jenkins, Linux, and Shell Script
- Experience in building data pipeline (ETL & ELT) utilizing one or more of the following Spark, Hive, Kafka, Kinesis, Spark Streaming, and Airflow
- Hands on experience using Databricks/Jupyter or similar notebook environment
- Experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Experience with Agile/Iterative Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and standard change management practices
- Experience building productive working relationships across different functions/organizations
- Excellent facilitation, influencing, and negotiation skills
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.