Johnson Controls - Fire Suppression Products (FSP) is a global leader in fire and life safety. We provide fire detection, sprinkler, suppression, special-hazard, and emergency communications solutions to customers in countries spanning six continents. With more than 30 manufacturing facilities worldwide, we provide safety and security for millions of customers around the world every day. Plus, we offer a comprehensive array of testing, inspection, maintenance, and repair services to keep fire and life-safety systems in top working order. What you will do
This is a strategic account position responsible for growth within the assigned territory (Southeastern US, which also includes MO, AR, LA, TX, OK,KS, and NE). The Account Manager will work closely with his or her peers and will report to the Sales Director, US Water. The Account Manager is expected to develop relationships and have credibility throughout the target customer base, which includes all BSNA (JCI/Building Solutions North America) locations within the territory. The manager will oversee our customer relationships in terms of sales growth, profitability, customer service, issue resolution, new product introduction, and industry involvement. NOTE: This is a virtual/remote position considering candidates who reside within the assigned region and within a reasonable distance to a major airport. How you will do it
What we look for Required
- Focus solely on the BSNA fire sprinkler business with the goal of developing relationships and credibility with the BSNA team within the assigned region with responsibility for sales growth, customer service, and issue resolution.
- Achieve yearly revenue targets & goals.
- Ensure new products are introduced effectively and in a timely manner.
- Ensure new product ideas/suggestions are brought back to product management.
- Be the product / solutions expert. Assist in providing the best system solutions for current and prospective customers.
- Support BSNA through all phases of project pursuit and project management - from project inception through bidding phase, design, specifications, job site training and support, final commissioning, and after-sale follow up.
- Develop account goals and business plans for BSNA locations that are in alignment with our companies' overall growth plans.
- Monitor and manage price strategy to align with current market conditions.
- Provide customer feedback, report business forecasts, and market trends.
- Partner with distributors to ensure the best quality, pricing, and service are provided.
- Coordinate training at all levels for the customer base.
- Become an active participant in industry associations.
- Fire sprinkler, fire suppression, or plumbing/HVAC experience is highly preferred.
- High energy, self-starter with the ability to represent our company with the utmost professionalism.
- Political savvy across the customer organization and company.
- Effective, strong communication with internal and external business partners.
- Strong business acumen, negotiating skills, & ability to adapt to customer's needs.
- Must display solid critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Team player who encourages collaboration across the business.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written, including proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- 75% travel throughout the assigned region is required.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law . If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit .