The Solutions Architect is responsible and accountable for working within the Joint Technology Application Development team to evaluate, design, develop and/or help implement cloud-based solutions, database designs and platforms (architecture) and other technologies needed to assist the Central Health Enterprise business partners with their increasing data system needs. This position will work within the Development team but also with the Infrastructure, PMO, security and other Joint Tech staff to provide a streamlined, integrated and fiscally responsible data technology system 'infrastructure' that will support the Enterprise business units' abilities as a data driven Enterprise. The position will need a broad focus and ability to design different technologies and integrations across platforms, such as AWS/Azure, SQL, EMR platforms, Salesforce, and others. This role will collaborate with other team members, vendors, and customers to ensure architecture plans and strategies are executed appropriately. The Solutions Architect will also perform other duties as assigned
This position is considered Remote, which means that individuals in this position may work at an approved Offsite location; however, they may be required to occasionally visit a Central Health office in Austin, Texas. Candidate must reside in Texas
Essential Duties (at least 5 that are non-negotiable duties and are absolutely pertinent to successfully completing the job without accommodations):
The Solutions Architect MUST:
• Own the overall technical solution for the Enterprise, within the Joint Technology team, from planning new systems to creating vision documents, technical requirements, and implementation plans. Work will involve collaboration with Joint Tech Project Management Office, Infrastructure team, and Enterprise business staff.
• Evaluate existing systems and create artifacts such as gap analysis documents, architecture diagrams, data flow definitions, etc.
• Define architecture plans and strategies to implement with the teams - particularly in the gaps between systems (integration strategies).
• Collaborate with vendors, providers, and partners, ensuring that project commitments are met, escalating risks as needed
• Collaborate with database developers, database administrators, and other members of the Joint Technology team as appropriate
• Utilize standardized department tools/software systems to document work and track progress toward project milestones and deadlines
• Perform vendor management and oversight as needed
• Mentor other team members as appropriate
• Have ability to work outside of standard business hours
• Knowledge of a variety of development (such as Java/.NET) and database platforms (such as MySQL/PostgreSQL/Microsoft SQL Server)
• Knowledge and experience in a wide variety of Health IT systems and products, such as HIE products, EHRs, CRMs, and Data Warehousing.
• Knowledge of data warehouse/data mart platforms and multidimensional data structures
• Ability to utilize SQL and other advanced analytic tools to perform data extract and query functions
• Strong skills in data-flow definition, business process flows, entity relationship diagrams, and data mapping for process flows.
• Demonstrated expertise in Unified Modeling Language (UML) or something analogous, as well as narrative requirements documentation (structured and/or unstructured).
• Ability to interact with leaders and/or vendors on complex issues.
• Ability to communicate technical information effectively, both orally and in writing to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, coworkers, and vendors
• Ability to understand issue and need of customers, the industry and business environment
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks or projects, prioritizing appropriately
• Advanced critical thinking and decision-making skills
• Strong facilitation and communication skills
• Self-motivated and well organized
• Ability to work well within a team
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision required
• Strong customer service skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Adaptable and responds willingly to change
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field OR
• High School Diploma with 6 years of experience in related field
PREFERRED EDUCATION: N/A
• 4+ years of experience in Healthcare IT including knowledge of HIPAA security and privacy rules
• 6+ years of experience in IT development operations, including business analysis, database management, and systems analysis for both on prem and cloud-based solutions
• 6+ years of experience in database modeling and/or database engineering
• 4+ years of experience with Integration platforms, APIs
• Experience with various database platforms, such as Microsoft SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Snowflake, or Redshift
• Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, including both Windows and Linux operating systems
• Experience with integration platforms, such as Boomi, Informatica, or Mulesoft
• Experience with JIRA, Clarizen or other PM tools, Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience working on a team utilizing Agile and/or LEAN methodologies
• Boomi Integration certification or acquired within 90 days of hire