GovCIO is a team of transformers--people who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation that improves governmental operations each day.
But we can't do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We're changing the face of I.T. - from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop. And we're excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a transformer?
GovCIO is seeking a highly experienced technical Solutions Architect to support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).Â This position requires deep collaboration with business partners to develop strong business scenario understanding, creative problem solving for evolving business needs, and utilization of robust technologies to enable the veteran experience. Thought leadership and the ability to effectively influence and help guide our business partners is important to success.Â The environment is dynamic and client needs are evolving; flexibility and forward-thinking views are important for success.
Location: This is a remote working opportunity. This individual is expected to have a proven track record of working remotely with minimal direction.Â Office hours are M-F 8am-5pm ET.
- Partner with team members to design and implement robust solutions to meet the complex needs of the VA
- Simplify the end-user experience, save end-users effort, and increase decision making capabilities
- Deeply understand & define key business scenarios to meet emerging/evolving business needs
- Help to evolve the vision and future state roadmap for our programs
- Champion evangelization and education efforts for our solutions to increase reach and impact for the veteran
- Develop Effective partnerships with other Product line and operational support organizations
- Provide thought leadership for evolving the analytic capabilities/tools and modernizing our solution portfolio
- Experience creating Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) and present to senior leadership
- Showcase solution efforts inside and outside of your Product Line
- Bachelorâs degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Resource Management, Industrial Engineering, or related fields.
- 15 or more years of experience managing and providing technical development for complex IT organizations, large and small.
- 10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
Required Skills & Experience
- Legal authorization to work in the US
- Must be able to pass a background investigation
- Previous Department of Veterans Affairs experienceÂ
- Understanding of VA Systems, specifically EHR, Community Care and VistA Imaging
- Knowledge of VHA and VBA systems to assist with solutioning.
- Visual remote collaboration tools