As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step! JOB SUMMARY
Perform a variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements. Maintain and modify programs. Work on a team of developers and assist with the creation and maintenance of applications primarily built for usage in the healthcare industry. Candidates should have a solid knowledge of web applications and the SDLC lifecycle. A strong commitment to problem solving and quality of work is highly desired. Research problems, plans solutions, recommends software and systems, and coordinates development to meet business or other requirements. Write user requests into technical specifications serving as the liaisons between internal and external customers and IT staff. Develop cost analysis, design considerations, and implementation time-lines. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Code, test and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology.
- Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Test and develop programming modifications.
- Write new program code using prescribed specifications.
- Evaluate simple interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of supervisor.
- Confer with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Write and maintain programming documentation.
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings. EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of company programming procedures and programming languages.
- Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications.
- Knowledge of computer flow charts and of programming logic and codes.
- Ability to write technical instructions in the use of programs and/or program modifications.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Work with users requires interpersonal skills.
- 3+ years of experience in application development
- 3+ years of relational Database and SQL experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact with individuals at both the technical and non-technical levels
- Highly-motivated, high energy individual with a strong commitment to quality
- Ability to work independently with little direction
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- Bachelor's Degree and three to five years of programming experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. OTHER
- Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
Job: Conifer Health Solutions
Primary Location: Frisco, Texas
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days