Be A Part of our Team!
Join a cutting-edge, digital company that is dedicated to the mission of the work we do! As front runners in the early childhood education market, we build dynamic, top-quality digital products that integrate all of the essential elements of a high-quality solution: curriculum, assessment, professional development, and family engagement.Position overview
Teaching Strategies is looking for a highly talented, innovative, and creative Solution Architect to join its technology team. We are looking for engineers that want to make a real impact in early childhood education. Our platform is evolving, so you need to be someone who can build new functionality and learn new technologies quickly as well as be able to maintain and extend existing code to support organizational needs.
Our technology team is responsible for building out SaaS solutions used by educational organizations across the globe. The team works on a wide variety of projects, solving existing problems and enabling new business objectives. We are growing our group by extending our technology team to continue building and improving on underlining elements of our products: from 3rd party integration layers, to SSO, to shared service development and instrumentation, and brand new product design and implementation. We believe that great technology experts are also software generalists who are unafraid to jump up and down the stack to solve the problems that come our way. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, working on software that supports millions of users daily, then you have an opportunity to join the technology group at Teaching Strategies. Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Introduces and oversees overall technical approach for software projects
- Finds the best technical solution for business problems
- Provides specifications and documentation to which solution is managed, developed and delivered against
- Participates in planning, analysis and design of new software solutions
- Learnsnew technologies and keepsup with both traditional and emerging best practices
- Evaluates emerging technologies and proposes adoption path
- Worksindependently and collaborateswith other department leaders and other members of the engineering team to ensure successful delivery of projects
Why Teaching Strategies:
- Teaching Strategies is a federal government contractor and thus requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless the employee is entitled to accommodation for reasons related to a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief. Qualified applicants must comply with this vaccine policy as a condition of employment.
- 7 + years of production experience in software engineering and software architecture
- Experience working with high-trafficked SaaS solutions
- Experience with designing and building scalable solutions that perform under load
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies, specifically AWS
- Understanding of modern design patterns such as SOA and microservices
- Commitment to following security and performance best practices
- Strong sense of collaboration, teamwork and accountability
- AWS Certified Solution Architect Professional is a plus
At Teaching Strategies, our solutions and services are only as strong as the teams that create them. By bringing passion, dedication, and creativity to your job every day, there's no telling what you can do and where you can go! We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package, flexible work schedules, opportunities to engage with co-workers, access to career advancement and professional development opportunities, and the chance to make a difference in the communities we serve.
Let's open the door to your career at Teaching Strategies! Some additional benefits & perks while working with Teaching Strategies:
Teaching Strategies offers our employees a robust suite of benefits and other perks which include:
Teaching Strategies, LLC is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of Minorities, all Genders, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Competitive compensation package
- Robust benefits package including 401k with employer match (includes coverage for spouses, domestic partners and children)
- Professional development and growth opportunities
- Tuition assistance
- 100% paid life, short and long term disability insurance
- Voluntary life and critical illness insurance
- Unlimited paid time off (which includes paid holidays and Winter Break)
- Paid parental leave programs