- Client is seeking a Solution architect for its Technology organization.
- In this role, you will be responsible for providing execution intelligence (architecture, design, code, configuration etc.) to architect, design and build cloud native enterprise platforms as a core service.
- You will influence strategic direction and develop tactical plans and complete complex assignments with substantial latitude for actions or decisions.
- You will also define, oversee and maintain architectural integrity of the overall technology solution of a project, product, or system.
- This role can be based out of our Technology Center in Denver, CO or out of our corporate headquarters in St. Petersburg, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Both a hands-on and strategic role, this individual drives solution architecture that aligns with both business and technology strategy. Architects technology platforms which are highly scalable, responsive and serve as a foundation for building key enterprise components.
• Conducts comprehensive Architecture Reviews on key projects utilizing both business and technical domain expertise to ensure realization of target state roadmap.
• Assesses and ensures conformance to architectural standards, reduction of technical debt, and adoption of enterprise assets (systems, services and information) for key programs.
• Proactively engages with business to understand key challenges and develops innovative solutions to drive agility, quality and reliability of systems.
• Develops and documents architectural standards, prescribed patterns, best practices and foundational technical libraries and mentors application teams on developing highly distributed, resilient and responsive applications.
• Involved in working with business stakeholders, cross functional teams and leading by example to other application development groups. Passionate about mentoring and knowledge sharing with application development groups on key technical domains.
• Effectively identifies opportunities for change, implements change and introduces new concepts, procedures, policies and tools while providing a clear explanation of benefits and purpose.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and a minimum of five (5) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Experience in architecting and building high performance cloud native enterprise scale distributed systems.
• Expert knowledge/experience in the following strongly preferred:
- Cloud architectures, Open API's and streaming platforms
- Distributed architectures, Object Oriented, Event Driven and Messaging paradigms
- Domain modelling and System Design and Integration patterns
- Expert hands-on experience using Java, Spring Boot, Microservices, API's, Dependency Injection and ORM frameworks
- Expert hands-on experience using Distributed Cache frameworks, Messaging and Streaming platforms
- Profiling and performance optimization - threading, memory management, JVM optimization etc.
- Experience with API Gateways, Service Discovery, Reliability, Observability and related patterns
- Well versed in relational / non-relational data stores
- Financial Industry / Wealth Management Background preferred
- provided by Dice