Job Description - Solaris Automation Engineer - Remote
We are seeking a Solaris Automation Engineer specializing in Solaris and CentOS. This person will implement, maintain and support anything related to servers consisting primarily of Solaris zones and CentOS cloud VMs, but there are also other Open Systems servers in the environment. Candidates must be well-versed with automation. Responsibilities:
- Provide expert knowledge of physical and virtual Solaris OS platforms (versions 10 & 11).
- Will be required to work independently and with teams of system engineers, database admins, network engineers and project managers across the business.
- Will be required to prioritize work, identify high risk critical problems, provide detailed courses of action for issue resolution and communicate to all stakeholders, both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain a great understanding of Technology, Security and Control Standards.
- Seek out continual improvements with current automation for long term support.
- Build new Salt States as needs and requirements are presented.
- Utilize GitLab for version control and storage of scripts/code and documentation.
- Ability to analyze, determine root cause and resolve extensive range of complicated problems.
- Follow-up and coordinate changes involving hardware, software, networking and applications.
- Determine solutions for recurring and/or complex issues.
- You must be a systems engineer highly skilled in Solaris system administration in a DevOps Open Systems environment. Use automation and configuration management to drive efficiency and standardization. This role requires advanced administration, troubleshooting and operational experience in a complex Linux environment as well as advanced automation experience.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Solaris system design, implementation, administration, general maintenance and patching.
- Strong experience with Unix scripting and automation with tools like Python, Ansible and Salt.
- Strong expertise with production and application support in mixed environments.
- Experience in open systems server hardware and software installation, configuration, troubleshooting, problem resolution and root cause analysis.
- Great understanding of system log analysis, tcpdump, network traces and Wireshark review, etc.
- Have a decent understanding of other domains such as network, storage, middleware, etc.
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices (Incident, change, and problem management).
- In-depth knowledge of standard methodologies around Unix/VMware/Storage/Backup.
- Familiar with system monitoring and telemetry. Ability to validate the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, including reviewing system and application logs, and monitoring capacities.
- provided by Dice