Executive Alliance is pleased to represent our client who is a global biotech market leader who develops software and automation solutions for biopharma providers.
They are seeking a technically minded Software Test Engineer
to join their QA Group in Bioprocessing Solutions. They seek a candidate with a good understanding of business processes and requirements in a manufacturing/SAP environment. In this key role, you will be responsible for independent, third-party testing of application software produced in the software group. This may include testing applications that integrate control over physical automated systems that contain embedded software.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analysis of requirements / use cases / user stories/ functional specifications to plan and design tests
- Production and maintenance of software test plans, manual test cases, automated test scripts, test execution results and test reports.
- System integration (of hardware and software components) and software testing on Windows desktop PCs, emulated platforms, and real embedded systems.
- Working in an Agile environment with Agile software development teams
- Classification (technical and business) and reporting of software bugs, defects or faults found in a release.
- Following through to resolution of all bugs, defects or faults discovered in the software.
- Liaising with software designers and developers to understand the business requirements and product functionality.
- Liaising with Testing Staff (Test engineers & Test Managers) across all sites in project roles as well as to ensure adoption of shared processes and best practice.
- Supporting the development & definition of standards and processes for software testing in projects and product developments, working within a framework informed by ISTQB® standards.
- Supporting the assessment and introduction of testing techniques and tools.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, life science or related field
- ISTQB® certification desirable.
- 3+ years of industrial experience in the software development arena conducting testing within a quality-conscious environment.
- ISTQB® approach and standard.
- Creation and execution of functional, system integration (end-to-end), regression and non-functional tests (e.g., performance). Exposure to and hands-on experience with a range of tools supporting automated testing, including Windows based user interface testing is an advantage (e.g., HP QTP/UFT, Selenium, Ranorex, TestComplete)
- Working in environments where regular builds, unit tests and software integration testing are the norm.
- Troubleshooting test systems to subsystem level.
- Using version control, change control and code quality control processes.
- Using test management or ALM tools to design, execute and maintain test cases (e.g., Siemens Polarion, MS Test Manager, Azure Devops Test Plan, ALM / Quality Center, Jira, Zephyr, Test Director).
- Using defect management tools to raise, monitor and retest defects found in the software. (e.g. MS Azure Devops, Jira, Siemens Polarion, ALM / Quality Center).
- General computer and peripheral configuration, and common mechanisms for computer communication and control over external components and embedded systems.
- Identification with our core values: Sustainability, Openness, Enjoyment.