Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. The firm is 100% employee owned which means we have full independence in making decisions about our future and the clients we work with.
Oasys is the software house of Arup. Under the Oasys brand we develop the Oasys LS-DYNA Environment and, as Ansys Channel Partner, we distribute the LST/LS-DYNA software in the US. LST/LS-DYNA is a complex engineering software used for simulation in automotive, nuclear and civil engineering industries.Role
We are looking for an Inside Sales Representative to work with us on a contract basis to increase and shape our LST/LS-DYNA business. Our Inside Sales Representative will be assigned a geographical territory and will have the responsibility to develop accounts and drive sales activities from initial contact to close.
Close communication is expected with our software team in San Francisco, but the role is expected to be remote.Core responsibilities
You will work closely with our US Regional Manager (based in California), our Oasys Product Team and Marketers to perform company and industry research and to develop a pipeline of LST/LS-DYNA sales opportunities in the US.
With the support of our technical engineers, you will perform LST/LS-DYNA sales presentations, negotiate contracts and close deals. You will drive demand, adoption and the overall success of LST/LS-DYNA in the region.
You will extend our relationships within the target organizations, to understand the Client's needs, the engineering workflows, pain points, the key stakeholders and the decision processes.
You will be responsible for making sales plans and for delivering quarterly and annual sales targets.
You will keep track of sales activities, Clients' contacts, forecast, opportunities and closed deals in CRM.
You will liaise with Sales Representatives in other regions to coordinate activities and share market intelligence and winning strategies.Requirements and skills
- Bachelor's Degree in technical or business field
- Result-driven with strong communication skills
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 2 years of software sales experience (Finite Element Analysis software preferred)
- Autonomy + ability to work with software management and development team
- Willingness to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Market and customer research skills
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
Benefits that Work
- Understanding of / interest in automotive or civil engineering industries
- Knowledge of LST/LS-DYNA or competitor products a definite plus
- At Arup, we have a comprehensive and valuable benefits program that works for our employees and their families while keeping costs low. These benefits provide health and welfare security for you as well as paid time off for rest and renewal. Our Global Profit Share Plan (paid bi-annually) provides an opportunity for you to share in the success of the Firm. As a valued employee of Arup, you can also choose to participate in our 401(k) plan with up to 10% company match to help you save for your future. COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement -
Arup requires all new employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Arup is an equal opportunity employer and consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to Arup.Flexible Working
- We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options for alternative schedules and the ability to work outside of the office for a portion of your workweek are available.Arup is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or other status protected by law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at .