Siemens is in need of a Senior Software Engineering Manager who can manage a team around key architectural and performance initiatives. Will manage personnel activities of staff (i.e. hires, trains, appraises, pay, rewards, motivates, disciplines, recommends termination as necessary, etc.). Design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for products (both internal and external) with focus on surpassing customer expectations, on achieving high quality and on-time delivery. Responsible for ensuring the overall functional quality of the released product on all required platforms and mechanism. Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems. Creates, documents, and executes software designs which may involve significant re-architecture of important systems, defining and coordinating implementation of wide-reaching impacts. Acts as Technical lead of projects that span multiple areas of a product. Broad and direct consulting with customers in regard to future upgrades and products. Sets the technical direction for one or more area of a product. Promotes innovation through the ability to introduce new technology/knowledge into multiple areas of a product and to our people. Able to solve complex technical problems. Technical Lead in guiding engineers. Works without supervision on the most complex projects with complete latitude for independent judgment and technical expertise. .
* Manage a team of Principal or Senior Software Engineers providing direct leadership of this team and owning application areas.
* Direct responsibility for day-to-day activities of the team and associated procedures; contributes to policies.
* Manage within budget constraints.
* Manage personnel career paths and development, including appraisals. Recommend solutions to issues to your management.
* Receive direction from senior Directors in the form of desired results and translate desired results into specific tasks to be assigned to the team.
* Work closely with Product Management to establish and plan the direction of the product.
* Spend a large percentage of time serving as a technical member of the team, with an increased percentage spent reviewing the work of others and setting the technical direction for the various areas of the product.
* Promote innovation through the ability to introduce new technology/knowledge into multiple areas of a product and to our people.
* Promote continues learning within the organization by demonstrating a passion for learning.
* Guide the design, development and test of software programming for products (both internal and external) with focus on surpassing customer expectations, on achieving high quality and on-time delivery.
* Work closely with Customers to understand needs and/or to provide timely solutions to escalations.
* Promote and drive Process Improvement.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Math, or Computer Science
* 15-20 years of relevant Software engineering experience
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent oral and written communications
* Experience with leading / managing teams toward a common goal
* Ability to work collaboratively as part of a geographically dispersed team
* Experience in C/C++/Java programming
* Comfortable working in both desktop and web development environments
* Experience in Relational Database Technologies
* Experience in NoSQL including Graph DB would be a plus
* Experience with Waterfall and Agile software development, Test-Driven Development (TDD), automated unit testing, and robust software engineering practices
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills is required
* Knowledge of building software as a service (SaaS), Microservices, containers (Docker), and container management, RESTful API, Devops and multiple cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure not required, but desirable
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here:
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.