At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual our mobile apps are a key component of our drive to create a remarkable client experience. Do you have a passion for elegant native mobile architecture and engaging apps?
We are looking for an experience mobile engineering manager to lead a team of dedicated mobile engineers as we build the tools to help our millions of customers achieve financial security and independence. You'll work closely with the engineers on your team as well as partners in Product, Design, Test Engineering and other teams to deliver experiences that delight our customers.Culture
Our mobile development team is distributed across locations in Milwaukee, NYC and anchored by a core team in Minneapolis. We offer a casual, flexible work environment which we believe is essential for our engineers to develop the most creative solutions to demanding problems.
Northwestern Mutual is investing heavily in its future; our executive team understands that success will require the brightest mobile developers in the industry. Become an integral part of our growing team and help us shape the future.
Remote work is an option - anywhere is the USA.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- You are an outstanding software engineer with strong CS fundamentals
- Professional experience deploying and supporting a mobile application in a public app store.
- Deep knowledge of development patterns on either Android, iOS or both.
- Ability to identify proper architectural decisions and follow through on their implementation.
- Clear understanding of how a mobile application fits into the larger system's technology stack.
- Experience leading agile software development teams.
- Consistent track record of product delivery and effective team building.
- You possess a solid understanding of the key components in the lifecycle of shipping software: prioritization, scoping, estimating, developing, testing and QA, documentation, release management, and support.
- You are a collaborative team member who cares more about proper solutions than being right
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program, and more!
Required Certifications: Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.