This is an exciting opportunity for a software engineer passionate about open source software, Linux, and Ubuntu Server. Come build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, a growing international software company.
Ubuntu Server is a platform that enables amazing technology the whole world over. Applicants to this role will have the opportunity to make a difference in how Ubuntu works and operates in the public cloud while working with some of the biggest names in the industry. They will get to work with our experienced team and have the benefits of learning and growing alongside the best engineers in the business.
What youll do
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team
- Write high quality code to create new features
- Debug issues and produce high quality code to fix them
- Review code produced by other engineers
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
- Work from home with global travel 2 to 4 weeks for internal and external events
- Design, build, and integrate new features and enhancements into Ubuntu that will support users of Ubuntu in public clouds
- Engage with the open source community and commercial partners
Who you are
- You love technology and working with brilliant people
- You are curious, flexible, articulate, and accountable
- You value soft skills and are passionate, enterprising, thoughtful, and self-motivated
- You have a Bachelors or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- You have excellent Python programming experience
- You have interest and experience with two or more of the following: Ubuntu Linux - kernel or userspace, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Ceph, AI/ML, QEMU/KVM, LXC/LXD, Python, Go, C, Postgresql, Mongo, Debian packaging, scalable web services
- Involvement in open source projects in the past a plus
Canonical is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of the world of Ubuntu.