At Teledyne FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives Teledyne FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.Job Description
Executive Order 13991 (COVID Vaccinations for Federal Government Contractors) requires all employees working at a site at which work is being performed on a covered government contract to be vaccinated for COVID unless an exemption applies. The site at which this position is based is covered by the Executive Order. Proof of COVID vaccination is required at time of hire. This role can be remote/work from home although preference will be given to candidates residing in the midwestern part of the US as they will need to visit our facility in Indiana every few months or so. Job Summary:
The Software Engineer - Systems will work on project teams to provide a broad range of software design and programming expertise designing applications and embedded software for complex analytical instrumentation systems.Job Duties:
- Responsible for all software engineering lifecycle processes including requirements gathering, analysis, design, programming, debugging and unit testing of new development and sustaining of existing applications.
- Develop applications that require a broad range of technical expertise from instrument control to UI/UX to complex algorithm development.
- Partner with project, scientific and manufacturing teams.
- Utilizes a general knowledge of embedded and firmware development to work closely with the Electrical Engineering team
- Produce code that follows best security practices
- Plan and track work schedules.
- Some travel to customer sites may be required.
COVID Vaccination Requirement
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in software application development.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with C & C++.
- Comfortable with multi-threaded programming and debugging
- Experiences in instrumentation control and mass spectrometry are particularly favorable.
- Experience with drivers for bus protocols (I2C, SPI, UART).
- Electro-mechanical experience.
- Experience with embedded operating systems (FreeRTOS, bare-metal, Linux Yocto + other distributions).
- Experience with multi-processor communications.
- Experience with Client/Server architectures and serialization schemes and API (Protocol Buffers, gRPC, REST, GraphQL).
- Experience with unit testing infrastructures.
- Boot chains (U-Boot, TF-A) and device tree experience.
- Able to read schematics and component datasheets, and familiar with hardware design principles.
- Experience with bench tools (logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal generators, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
: Due to Federal Contract requirements, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted a medical or religious exemption.
Teledyne FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
Teledyne FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.