MiTek is a platform innovator and enabler that exists to transform the building industry with better building solutions. In 1955, MiTek transformed residential construction with the invention of the Gang-Nail plate and a digital platform that provided an affordable and scalable way to manufacture wood trusses. Today, MiTek delivers software, services, engineered products, and automated solutions that enable the building industry to improve efficiencies by optimizing the balance between off-site and on-site. With nearly 5,600 team members worldwide, MiTek collaborates across the building industry to enable and accelerate transformational breakthroughs in design and construction to transform the way the industry designs, makes, and builds. As a Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK-A, NYSE: BRK-B) company since 2001, MiTek has a record of continuous growth and innovation. Learn more at .
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
MiTek's SAPPHIRE® Structure team is seeking a dynamic and passionate Software Engineer to help pioneer industry changing solutions for the residential construction industry. MiTek SAPPHIRE® Structure is a 3D-BIM solution for whole-house modeling, design and estimating. Be part of a high preforming, collaborative team willing to innovate, learn, and engage our customers while creating powerful software.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Code, enhance, test, and debug 3D CAD/Engineering desktop software using Microsoft C#, WinForms, SQL Server, and the .NET Framework
* Contribute towards large, breakthrough enhancements to our mature CAD/BIM platform. Efforts typically require refactoring existing logic in addition to writing new components
* Collaborate with business analysts, SQA, and other development teams to ensure solutions are efficient, consistent, and fulfill business needs
* Perform upfront design and analysis on efforts
* Author technical documents such as architecture overview or design specification documents
* Participate in design reviews, code reviews, and collaborative requirements reviews
* Apply generally accepted programming standards and techniques to ensure efficient program logic and data manipulation
* Attendance during regular work hours and overtime as required
* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field. Additional, equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement
* Minimum 2 years professional experience with C# (or C++/Java)
* Knowledge of data structures and strong understanding of object-oriented principles
* Comfortable digging into large, unfamiliar codebases to diagnose, debug, and resolve critical issues
* Desired understanding of mathematical concepts involving algebra and geometry
In compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act, the pay range for this position is estimated at $70k-$120k/year. Base pay offered may vary based on job-related knowledge, skills and experience. Please visit to learn more about MiTek's benefit opportunities.
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer; and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ethnicity, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or transgender status), age (40 and over), genetic information (including family medical history), veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
For accommodation to assist with completing this application, please contact Human Resources at +1 .