About KinderCare Education ®
KinderCare Education operates more than 1,380 early learning centers, and more than 560 Champions sites, supported by a corporate team of nearly 600 headquarters employees in Portland, Oregon. In 2019, KinderCare Education earned their third Gallup Great Workplace Award - one of only 39 companies worldwide to win this award.
Full-stack (.Net) Developer
Who we are\:
KinderCare is the national leader in Early Childhood Education with almost 2000 locations across our KinderCare Community centers, Champions (before and after school programs), and KinderCare At Work (corporate partnerships). We have a passion for educating the future leaders and are Building Confidence For Life in our classrooms every day.
In the Technology team, we are undertaking a comprehensive digital transformation by recruiting talented individuals and building and supporting best-in-class systems that uplift the family experience and enable our center staff to focus on the children.
If you are looking for a role where your work can positively impact the lives of children--KinderCare is the company for you!
Who you are\:
• You are a skilled full-stack developer, who has demonstratable experience designing, building, and supporting ASP.NET enterprise applications and APIs to support critical lines of business.
• You have a strong Lean/Agile mindset and experience working on Agile teams.
• You can effectively set expectations around the delivery of your work within a team.
• You have a passion for learning, designing, and implementing new technology and a keen eye for optimization of business process.
• You are a highly engaged and collaborative team member with exceptional communication skills
• You are an innovator, skilled at using cutting-edge technologies to solve complex business problems.
• Working as part of a talented team of software engineers in an Agile environment to utilize cutting edge technologies including ASP.NET Core, Kendo controls, Entity Framework, API Layer, oData, and REST to design and transform our mission-critical applications crucial to several rapidly growing lines of business.
• Recommend, design and create technical improvements in existing capabilities to maximize productivity and optimize security and efficiency.
• Responsible for the organization and tracking of work within the context of your team.
• Ensuring solutions are optimized for support, usability, and flexibility.
• Participating in support and triage activities, including rotational out-of-hours on-call duties.
Example Hands-On Technical Experience\:
• .Net/C# coding experience using Visual Studio (or equivalent)
• Object-oriented programming (OOP), SQL Server /TSQL and Stored Procedures
• Software design principles - OOD, TDD, and GoF Patterns
• RESTful web services, .Net 2.0, 4.0, 4.5, and .NET Core frameworks
• AngularJS or other JS frameworks
• CSS 3.0, HTML 5.0 and jQuery
• Automated Unit Test and Integration Testing using nUnit and mocking (or equivalent)
• Azure or AWS Cloud
• OWASP top 10
KinderCare Education employs more than 32,000 team members across 1,700 locations nationwide. Our devoted family of education providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes KinderCare® Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work®, Champions® Before- and After-School Programs, Cambridge Schools ™ , Knowledge Beginnings® and The Grove School®.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.