Purpose of Job We are seeking a talented Cloud Platform Software Engineer - Mid Level for either our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ facility or Remote work location available.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results. The actual days' onsite are resolved between each employee and the employee's manager.
The candidate selected for this position will work with the Sensitive Data Management Platform team in USAA's Enterprise Data Office. The work involves implementing solutions to automate privacy compliance obligations, such as data discovery and classification, and will work cross-functionally to help enable the corresponding processes to enforce governance and mitigate potential compliance risks.
Provides support to the Enterprise through delivering best in class technology solutions. Engaged in all phases of the software systems and application development lifecycle which include gathering and analyzing requirements, designing, testing, documenting, and implementing software, responding to outages
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their famili es. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
About USAA IT
Our most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 13 million members who rely on us every day. We're proud of USAA's strong history -- and we're even more passionate about our future. That's why we have a team of supportive and collaborative hardworking technology professionals focused on doing more for our members. And why we' re continuing to add innovative problem solvers to our team. With us, you'll find exciting challenges that inspire you to continue learning and growing.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Design, develop, code, and test complex technical solutions
- Investigates and resolves complex application and system technical problems and production issues through troubleshooting techniques.
- Continually improves operations by conducting complex systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Prepares and installs complex solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Follows the software development lifecycle.
- Mentors' junior engineers and may being mentoring peer engineers; Review teammates' code
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of experience beyond the minimum requirement can be used in lieu of a degree OR Approved certification from CodeUp, Galvenize, VetFIT (Veterans for IT) or eFIT (Employees for IT)
- 4 years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific discipline(s)/technology(s)
- 2 years of experience delivering technology solutions in all phases of the software systems and application development lifecycle to include leading code/design reviews.
- Developing level of business acumen in the areas of business operations, risk management, industry practices and emerging trends.
- Experience supporting efforts to address production issues through troubleshooting applications and systems.
- Experience articulating technical challenges and solutions
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 2 or more years of demonstrable experience with Cloud Platform/Cloud Security tools such as AWS, Google, Azure.
- AWS experience to include a broad range of AWS Services (e.g. S3, RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, etc.).
- 2 years of Python scripting and public cloud tooling automation.
- Familiarity with design and automation of cloud and application services within an AWS environment.
- Familiarity with Amazon Macie and Google DLP.
- Familiarity with encryption, logging, Privacy/Security protocols, regex.
- Familiarity with security standards, data privacy compliance, standards and practices in engineering and data management.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective method for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is: $88,200-$158,900.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is Not Available for this position.