Software Engineer III, Internal Tools
Who We Are
TCGplayer was founded by Chedy Hampson & Ray Moore as a digital media platform within the collectible hobby space. We have grown from our initial roots working inside Syracuse-based hobby stores selling comic books, sports cards, CD's, collectible cards, action figures, and tabletop games into an expansive eCommerce marketplace that connects a global community of millions of buyers with tens of thousands of retailers.
We have been ranked amongst New York State's 50 best employers and Fortune.com's top 100 companies for women in the U.S. Our entire team prides itself on creating a culture that fosters camaraderie, embraces diversity, and exudes passion.
With our initial goal of building the most dynamic and compelling marketplace for collectible card games in the U.S accomplished, we are now set to bring our innovative technologies and customer focused approach to the entire $25B global collectible hobby market. That's where you come in!
The Engineering Team at TCGplayer creates and maintains a suite of products in support of our role as the leading online marketplace for trading card games and collectibles. We build applications and technologies that connect thousands of businesses with customers across the collectible gaming industry, powering sales through physical stores, websites, mobile apps and the TCGplayer Marketplace.Who You Are
As a Software Engineer III, you will be a driver for many of our projects here at TCGplayer. You are a clear expert in many technical areas. You build relationships with stakeholders including customers, product managers, cross-functional partners, and external partners. You are a continuous learner and enjoy mentoring junior developers.The Impact You Will Make Here
What You Bring To The Team
- Independently responsible for the entire lifecycle of projects or features including Engineering design, development, and deployment.
- Interface with technical teams, lead some projects, and mentor more junior engineers.
- Play an integral role in developing and maintaining the solutions that empower the operations of our Fulfillment Center; including the shipping and receiving of thousands of products per day, management of inventory, reporting and more.
- Play a key role in the design and development of the next generation of tools for other internal teams, like Customer Service, Finance, Sales, and more.
- Be thorough in your designs and implementation, and passionate about code quality, performance and continuous improvement.
- Take a holistic view to software development; keeping the big picture in mind and seeing a project through from beginning to end while always striving to use the right tools for the job.
What We Provide
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or a related field, or a combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of ASP.NET, C#, .Net MVC Razor, Entity Framework and .Net Core experience
- Expert SQL programming skills: Stored Procedures, Views, and Functions
- Basic understanding of a NoSQL programs such as Redis, DynamoDB and MongoDB
- Experience designing and developing microservices using cloud technology with considerations for concurrency and parallelism
- Experience with event processing mechanisms such as Kafka, AWS SNS/SQS, RabbitMQ
- Experience working with Kubernetes, Docker, and public cloud deployment platforms
- Experience using system monitoring and notification platforms like New Relic, Data Dog, or Scalyr
- Experience with unit testing (MS Test), static code analysis (Sonarqube), and continuous delivery principles
- Ability to work independently within a geographically dispersed agile team participating in all Agile ceremonies.
Our benefits program is one of the most flexible and progressive in the country. Plus, benefits start on day one, so you have everything you need to make a stress-free transition to life at TCGplayer.
- Comprehensive medical insurance with a variety of plan options to suit your needs
- Dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 100% company paid Family Leave
- 401k plan with 4% match
- Stock options for all employees
- Free coaching, counseling and mental health services
- 100% company paid life insurance
- Paid trips to work with remote teammates
TCGplayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- TCGplayer Receives $10 Million Growth Equity Investment From Radian Capital
- TCGplayer Reveals New Showcase and Pro Retail App at GAMA 2019
- TCGplayer Certified Great Place to Work Fifth Year in a Row